Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:19:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 341367 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: September 16, 2021, 06:36:11 PM »

Since I wrote this 2 Youngkin ads have come on.  Both featuring Sheriffs.  It should be illegal for them to be partisan actors.  Who would think they would investigate crimes fairly.

That came on the other night and I made snorting sounds throughout the entire ad.

Virginia cops are some of the most corrupt sons of bitches (and military rejects, especially in Virginia Beach) I've ever seen.

Yeah.  It's no surprise that they are partisan stooges but it's political malpractice that he's making this his big issue.  Maybe do one ad but not all the time with this crap.  Plus almost all of the officers on it are old white men from rural Virginia.  It's like it fits every stereotype of his base voter who people in the rest of the state don't agree with/like.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1251 on: September 16, 2021, 06:36:43 PM »

Hot take: This is a sleeper race, and Youngkin has about a 30% chance of winning. We've barely goten any polling, and what we do have are Youngkin internals. McAuliffe hasn't released any internals, which is a sign of weakness.

Honest question: Why are you how you are?

I'm simply pointing out that the fact that McAuliffe hasn't released any internals speaks volumes as to the state of this race.

Dude are you seriously concerned that Youngkin could win?  Trust me, I am not one to make bold predictions and there is 0.00000000% chance Youngkin wins.  There is a 1% chance Youngkin loses by less than 5.  There is a 30% chance he loses by less than 8.  There is a 50% chance he loses by less than 10.

Off-year elections can have unpredictable turnout dynamics.

Did you see the CA results?
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #1252 on: September 16, 2021, 06:36:56 PM »

Hot take: This is a sleeper race, and Youngkin has about a 30% chance of winning. We've barely goten any polling, and what we do have are Youngkin internals. McAuliffe hasn't released any internals, which is a sign of weakness.

Honest question: Why are you how you are?

I'm simply pointing out that the fact that McAuliffe hasn't released any internals speaks volumes as to the state of this race.

He fundraised off the Youngkin internal showing him down 2. I think they probably do, they probably show a 3-4% lead and there is nothing to gain from that. You have Emerson for that.

Yes if they showed a 12% lead they would release them, but this is not a 12% raise. It might well wind up being a 7-8% one because everyone's internals are off, and I think there is as much chance of that than a Youngkin win as I suspect after 2013 Ds are being very conservative with their sample.

But all indications - public polls, R internals, Youngkin massaged ones, Tmac silence indicates actual polls are showing the same thing. About a 3% Tmac lead, with Youngkin at 46-48% and Tmac at 48-51%.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1253 on: September 16, 2021, 06:45:01 PM »

McAuliffle posts a leaked tape of Youngkin asking students not to get the vaccine.
I’m sure this is lacking some context, but it sounds pretty freaking bad.

Especially ironic following his comments asking for a pro-vaccine PSA with McAuliffe.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1254 on: September 16, 2021, 06:46:54 PM »

McAuliffle posts a leaked tape of Youngkin asking students not to get the vaccine.

Especially ironic following his comments asking for a pro-vaccine PSA with McAuliffe.

Youngkin is absolute garbage.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1255 on: September 16, 2021, 06:51:00 PM »

Yeah, that sounds really bad.
swf541

« Reply #1256 on: September 16, 2021, 06:51:25 PM »

What a piece of human trash
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1257 on: September 16, 2021, 06:54:28 PM »

But Atlas and the media told me that he's a strong, sane, and moderate candidate!
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1258 on: September 16, 2021, 06:55:18 PM »

What a piece of human trash

I'm actually not entirely convinced Youngkin's human.
BoiseBoy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.05, S: -1.13

P P
« Reply #1259 on: September 16, 2021, 07:15:34 PM »

Yeah, Youngkin is going to lose by mid to high single digits. I thought it would be around a 4-5 point loss but he is not doing ANYTHING right, and we are less than two months away from the election.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1260 on: September 16, 2021, 07:22:38 PM »

Remember how posters here claimed Youngkin was running a good campaign and T Mac not?

Lets look at what just happened...

yet another dumb Youngkin gaffe secretly recorded.

T Mac campaign PERFECTLY times the release of this leak audio after Youngkin's little "joint PSA" proposal. 

I ask again, which campaign is doing a better job here?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1261 on: September 16, 2021, 07:23:44 PM »

Yeah, Youngkin is going to lose by mid to high single digits. I thought it would be around a 4-5 point loss but he is not doing ANYTHING right, and we are less than two months away from the election.

I actually think it could be worse than that.  It would honestly not surprise me if Youngkin loses by 12 or 13.  He sucks.  Period.  You can't run a sucky campaign in a blue state as a Republican.  At least Elder had charisma.  Youngkin brings absolutely nothing to the table but money.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1262 on: September 16, 2021, 07:27:03 PM »

Yikes. Yeah, that's an absolutely terrible look.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1263 on: September 16, 2021, 07:35:45 PM »

Yikes. Yeah, that's an absolutely terrible look.

Youngkin is probably headed to a high single-digit loss, comparable to that Gillespie suffered against Northam in 2017. He certainly has run a poor campaign. I've said before that McAuliffe's strength in Northern Virginia alone will be Youngkin's undoing.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1264 on: September 16, 2021, 07:42:30 PM »

I don't understand how Youngkin became so rich to begin with.  He doesn't seem very bright.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1265 on: September 16, 2021, 07:50:16 PM »

T-Mac better be using that audio in ads, STAT
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1266 on: September 16, 2021, 07:51:00 PM »

T-Mac better be using that audio in ads, STAT

I will confirm if I see any this week.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1267 on: September 16, 2021, 09:01:22 PM »

At 6:25 I wrote that I saw 2 Glenn Youngkin ads on TV.  Since then I have been counting.  I have seen 21 more ads.  I wasn't counting Terry ads but I think I saw maybe 2.

What an epic waste of money.

Can't tell which has been the bigger waste of money this year: Youngkin ads, Billionaires flying into space, the CA recall, or the Arizona audit.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #1268 on: September 16, 2021, 09:36:37 PM »

I don't understand how Youngkin became so rich to begin with.  He doesn't seem very bright.

Are you familiar with the last President of the United States?
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1269 on: September 16, 2021, 09:44:04 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2021, 10:03:10 PM by "?" »

Can't tell which has been the bigger waste of money this year: Youngkin ads, Billionaires flying into space, the CA recall, or the Arizona audit.

I definitely think the CA recall for its short-term & long-term implications.

- Little to no gains in GOP support while solidifying post-2016 Dem trends in places like Orange County
- Shed off whatever semblance of moderate/centrist politics the CA GOP hoped to have
- Looks to have greatly divided the establishment/grassroots wings of the CA GOP
- Wiped out the statewide GOP bench
- Increased the statewide Democrats war chest
- Gave Newsom & Sacramento Dems more power/influence than ever
- Set the stage for possibly more CA GOP downballot losses with Larry Elder at the top of the ticket.
- Created a blueprint for Dems to still win using Trumpism & mask/vax mandates (Virginia may also play a role in this too)
- All of the above occurring less than 14 months before Newsom's re-election & the midterms where 5-7 CA House races could very well decide House control.

In comparison, Youngkin ads & billionaire spacemen just seems to be rich guys doing rich guy things. Whereas $300 million were spent to pretty much broadcast to California & the country that the CA GOP is not gonna be getting 40% support anytime in the next decade.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1270 on: September 16, 2021, 09:49:55 PM »

Are you familiar with the last President of the United States?

He got it from Daddy though.  Wasn't there some study that showed that if Trump just put the $1m in an average stock portfolio he'd have more money now than he made in his businesses?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1271 on: September 16, 2021, 09:51:01 PM »

I definitely think the CA recall for its short-term & long-term implications.

- Little to no gains in GOP support
- Shed off whatever semblance of moderate/centrist politics they hoped to have
- Wiped out the statewide GOP bench & increased the Democratic war chest a year before the election
- Gave Newsom & Sacramento Dems more power/influence than ever
- Set the stage for possibly more GOP downballot losses with Larry Elder on the November 2022 ballot.

In comparison, Youngkin ads & billionaire spacemen just seems to be rich guys doing rich guy things. Whereas $300 million were spent to pretty much broadcast to California & the country that the CA GOP is not gonna be getting 40% support anytime in the next decade.

So how do you rank the 4 from biggest waste to least waste?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1272 on: September 17, 2021, 12:18:41 AM »

First day of early voting is today. I am voting tomorrow.

Hopefully Youngkin doesn't try to steal it.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1273 on: September 17, 2021, 12:26:47 AM »

First day of early voting is today. I am voting tomorrow.

Hopefully Youngkin doesn't try to steal it.

How would he try to steal it? 
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1274 on: September 17, 2021, 12:50:47 AM »

I just watched the debate. WTF? Youngkin is awful.

What the hell is the cult following around him. He is literally the absolute worst!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies