Democratic Alliance Convention: May-June 2009 - ENDORSEMENT VOTE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:56:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance Convention: May-June 2009 - ENDORSEMENT VOTE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance Convention: May-June 2009 - ENDORSEMENT VOTE  (Read 10572 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 03, 2009, 07:22:55 AM »

President

• Hashemite
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain

Deputy Leader

• Purple State
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain

Special Election Endorsement

• Marokai Blue
[ ] AHDuke99
[ ] Bayh '10
[ ] Keystone Phil
[ ] Gustaf
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:17:40 PM »

Democratic Alliance,

I seek your endorsement in the Midwest Senate race.  I realize this will be a difficult endorsement to make, as many of you are good friends with MasterJedi and have already endorsed him.  MasterJedi and myself are both highly qualified, talented, and capable individuals.  Really the only thing that seperates us is our ideologies.  MasterJedi is on the right, I am on the left.  The DA is the party of the center.  When the endorsement vote is taken, I would ask each of you to ask yourselves: which side am I closer to?  For those of you who are truly in the center, I think my former membership in the DA ought to at least count for something.  I stand for the official DA party platform entirely.

Thank you,
Fritz
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:54:50 PM »

I have to ask why you left our party and now come seeking our endorsement? This is especially prevalent as you say you stand for our platform entirely, while your current party has no expressed platform.

I think I stated my reasons for changing parties fairly clearly in my campaign announcement.  I am a center-leftist, leaning towards the left.  The JCP is a more comfortable fit for me than the DA.  I stayed with the DA as long as I did mainly because I do agree with the party platform.  I left when it became clear that the party would endorse a Presidential ticket that I have no intention of voting for.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 10:48:05 PM »

I thank you for the opportunity to address this convention (again).  Smiley

My friends, I am not going to argue ideology here, it is quite obvious who is on the left and who is on the right in this election.  As a former member, my impression of the DA is that the party is more concerned with forum matters than with ideology.  I want what is best for Atlasia.  Read my statement of position iny campaign thread.  If we disagree on this, then perhaps you should vote to endorse DWTL.  I am a very analytical and level-headed individual- an accountant by profession- and I will fight to do what is best for the country.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies