Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:35:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail  (Read 13329 times)
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 09:18:05 PM »

Seriously, I think this thread exacerbated my panic attack.

I'm sorry to hear that. You all right?

Well, it's over now. Time to go about my evening.

I wasn't rolling around on the floor or anything.  But I was feeling like...well...my sig.  Now I just feel like I'm going to develop a stomach ulcer by the time I'm 30 and die by the time I'm 40.  And overall I have a feeling of malaise.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 11:01:37 PM »

Seriously, I think this thread exacerbated my panic attack.

I'm sorry to hear that. You all right?

Well, it's over now. Time to go about my evening.

I wasn't rolling around on the floor or anything.  But I was feeling like...well...my sig.  Now I just feel like I'm going to develop a stomach ulcer by the time I'm 30 and die by the time I'm 40.  And overall I have a feeling of malaise.

I know that feel.

My father picked today to be an annoying twat for some reason.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 07:40:54 PM »

Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 09:52:03 PM »

Politico, you overstate the connection between genetic fitness and parental assessment of a gay child.  Trying to impute psychological behavior from some sort of scientist's-eye view of reproducibility is a significant error in your argument.  Fitness is merely a selective mechanism - if you were saying that people who a militantly anti-gay were more likely to produce offspring, and that was borne out by facts, and therefore gay-haters are selected for, you'd have a point.  But this "straights hate gays because of genetics" thing is pretty retarded on its face.  Put bluntly, people do not, in fact, think with their d**ks (DNA delivery systems).

Look, if you really need concrete proof about what I am talking about people can do a simple study where you interview parents of newborns in hospitals. Ask the parents one question with a promise of complete confidentiality/anonymity: "Do you hope your newborn is homosexual?"

Personally, I think such a study would be a complete waste of time because I guarantee you will not get a single person answering in the affirmative.

Because most parents of newborns are idiots?

And anyways, people would be far more likely to say they don't care if their child is heteronormative or not, than to say they hope that their child is gay.  Because hoping your child likes teh vagoo or teh cawk is stupid.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies