Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:26:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 344356 times)
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1775 on: October 21, 2021, 12:34:08 PM »

Fairfax will report very late as will the rest of Nova.

But look to Hampton Roads.. if Youngkin is dominating there hard I may be able to call it for him early.

It wasn’t late in 2017 or 2020.

Young king winning Hampton Roads? You can’t be serious.

Fairfax changed its reporting method this year to centralize everything and add an extra verification step.  It will be very late.  In the extreme case, it may very well report all at once the morning after. 
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1776 on: October 21, 2021, 12:36:44 PM »

But look to Hampton Roads.. if Youngkin is dominating there hard I may be able to call it for him early.

He's probably talking about a case where Youngkin is somehow winning or close to winning Virginia Beach and Chesapeake by double digits, is competitive in Suffolk City and is coming within 20 points in places like Newport News. Not sure how likely all that is but if this somehow becomes reality then yes, it would be a pretty dang good sign Youngkin is probably on track to win statewide.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1777 on: October 21, 2021, 12:39:36 PM »

The bottom line is McAuliffe needs something to break the all education, all the time news cycle before election day. 
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1778 on: October 21, 2021, 12:48:29 PM »

The bottom line is McAuliffe needs something to break the all education, all the time news cycle before election day. 

Getting a bit late in the game.

At this point I wonder if the people who said VA was only dem due to trump were right.

Nova will stay Democratic but Warner 14 type wins in Fairfax can not counter the rural areas anymore.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1779 on: October 21, 2021, 12:57:41 PM »

He's probably talking about a case where Youngkin is somehow winning or close to winning Virginia Beach and Chesapeake by double digits, is competitive in Suffolk City and is coming within 20 points in places like Newport News. Not sure how likely all that is but if this somehow becomes reality then yes, it would be a pretty dang good sign Youngkin is probably on track to win statewide.

Yes exactly.  I dont expect youngkin to win Hampton roads metro.

VIRIGNIA Beach is the place to watch. If its like 52 to 47 Youngkin.. lol I wouldn't be worried. But if it hits 57.. tmac might as well have his concession speech ready.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1780 on: October 21, 2021, 01:18:23 PM »

This doomerism is getting utterly ridiculous.
Duke of York

« Reply #1781 on: October 21, 2021, 01:22:15 PM »

Yes exactly.  I dont expect youngkin to win Hampton roads metro.

VIRIGNIA Beach is the place to watch. If its like 52 to 47 Youngkin.. lol I wouldn't be worried. But if it hits 57.. tmac might as well have his concession speech ready.

I doubt he gets 57 percent in Virginia Beach. That hasn't happened since 2009.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1782 on: October 21, 2021, 01:22:51 PM »

This doomerism is getting utterly ridiculous.

Welcome to Atlas!
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1783 on: October 21, 2021, 01:26:16 PM »

Yeah I know, but this takes the cake.  Really, it's just peak Atlas. 
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1784 on: October 21, 2021, 01:29:50 PM »

Yeah I know, but this takes the cake.  Really, it's just peak Atlas. 

If youngkin can't get 57% in the beach he won't win.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1785 on: October 21, 2021, 01:37:49 PM »

Yeah I know, but this takes the cake.  Really, it's just peak Atlas.  

If youngkin can't get 57% in the beach he won't win.

I'd say Youngkin needs about 52% to have a good shot. Highly unlikely he hits 57%.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1786 on: October 21, 2021, 02:04:52 PM »

I think I'll spend the last week and half canvassing, text banking and phone banking on my free time instead of panicking online.

I need to do my part to stop trumpism even if youngkin ultimately wins
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1787 on: October 21, 2021, 02:29:46 PM »

I think I'll spend the last week and half canvassing, text banking and phone banking on my free time instead of panicking online.

I need to do my part to stop trumpism even if youngkin ultimately wins

IDK why but it's always nice to see someone on here be engaged in actual political activity on the ground.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #1788 on: October 21, 2021, 02:32:43 PM »

Safe D before this poll, and Safe D after.

Nuff said

Not falling for the Virginia game
this
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1789 on: October 21, 2021, 02:35:56 PM »

Even if that line was hurting T-Mac, him putting that ad out blunted it and I'm sure stopped any momentum Youngkin had on the issue.

With that said, with all the talk of education and CRT and parents, the Monmouth poll still only had Youngkin and T-Mac tied on education. Youngkin clearly not running away with that issue.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1790 on: October 21, 2021, 03:10:47 PM »

It's only a gamble, if you think, that Youngkin, if fact, does have  "realistic chance of winning". Otherwise, it's almost free money given the odds you have. Unless your definition of not having a"realistic chance of winning" is like 15-20%?
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1791 on: October 21, 2021, 03:26:05 PM »

The worst part about all this is that everyone is still going to treat Virginia like a swing state every gubernatorial election just by virtue of it being slightly less blue than New Jersey, and the media wants to sell a horse race. And again and again idiots will fall for it despite Virginia delivering the same boring, predictable moderate sized Democrat win.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1792 on: October 21, 2021, 03:30:18 PM »

It's only a gamble, if you think, that Youngkin, if fact, does have  "realistic chance of winning". Otherwise, it's almost free money given the odds you have. Unless your definition of not having a"realistic chance of winning" is like 15-20%?

gam·ble
/ˈɡambəl/

verb
play games of chance for money; bet.

Betting money is betting money. Even if I were to bet on Wyoming going Republican in 2024, something that I am absolutely positive will happen, I would still be betting and/or gambling, which is not an activity I will partake in, nor one I would recommend.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1793 on: October 21, 2021, 04:15:10 PM »

Technically, yes, but gamble/betting usually involve some risk, which according to you almost doesn't exist in this case.

Betting for WY getting red would get you like 0.01% return, thus you have a risk of losing money on average despite high probability.
Betting for McAuliffe would give you like 20% returns, which given your claims (no real chance of winning) is almost free money. Stats 101.

Whatever, this leads nowhere.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1794 on: October 21, 2021, 04:15:25 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2021, 04:18:52 PM by Lief 🐋 »

If Youngkin wins, he will not allow Virginia’s electoral votes to be awarded to the Democratic candidate in 2024. They are making it crystal clear at this point.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #1795 on: October 21, 2021, 04:29:29 PM »

Youngkin potentially winning Democratic gloomism is probably the best possible narrative for the final nine days of early voting in NVA.

So I think the perception Youngkin is surging is going to dominate the final two weeks of this race, not the issues. And that means that while those issues may have driven swing voters to Youngkin, and I think red avatars here underestimated the degree of long-term partisan commitment some of those voters had, if there is a Democratic enthusiasm problem there is a good chance it will be solved in the next nine days. Or if it isn't we will know.

But if we start seeing 75K a day next week we will know something is happening.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1796 on: October 21, 2021, 05:50:50 PM »

Youngkin potentially winning Democratic gloomism is probably the best possible narrative for the final nine days of early voting in NVA.

So I think the perception Youngkin is surging is going to dominate the final two weeks of this race, not the issues. And that means that while those issues may have driven swing voters to Youngkin, and I think red avatars here underestimated the degree of long-term partisan commitment some of those voters had, if there is a Democratic enthusiasm problem there is a good chance it will be solved in the next nine days. Or if it isn't we will know.

I've been saying this all along. As irritating as the media still treating Virginia as a swing state is, it at least can help avert complacency. That very well could have aided in the California recall too. And if that comes to fruition it provides at least some hope for 2022, because Democrats should be scared s***less, and that being instilled this early could help make the year less dreadful. That might be wishful thinking though and getting way too ahead of oruselves. Let's just see how this race and New Jersey go first, I guess.
LtNOWIS

« Reply #1797 on: October 21, 2021, 06:26:14 PM »

I've been saying this all along. As irritating as the media still treating Virginia as a swing state is, it at least can help avert complacency. That very well could have aided in the California recall too. And if that comes to fruition it provides at least some hope for 2022, because Democrats should be scared s***less, and that being instilled this early could help make the year less dreadful. That might be wishful thinking though and getting way too ahead of oruselves. Let's just see how this race and New Jersey go first, I guess.
Yeah, you can contrast that with the thinking in 2014. "Mark Warner is a beloved former governor, Virginians just adore him. Just look at how he thrashed Gilmore in 2008. There's absolutely no way he could ever lose to anyone."

And then due to that complacency, Dems came within a percentage point of losing.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1798 on: October 21, 2021, 07:22:19 PM »

You guys are acting like it's still 2010.  A low turnout election actually BENEFITS democrats now that they are the party of educated/wealthy suburbs. 
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1799 on: October 21, 2021, 07:23:58 PM »

You guys are acting like it's still 2010.  A low turnout election actually BENEFITS democrats now that they are the party of educated/wealthy suburbs. 

That's not proven yet. I'll believe it when I see it.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies