Opinion of Paul the Apostle (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:58:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of Paul the Apostle (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Opinion of Paul the Apostle  (Read 719 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« on: January 27, 2021, 10:22:29 AM »

I'm not a huge Paul fan, but I think he's become something of a sin-eater for things people don't like about small-o orthodox Christianity and so most of the popular criticisms of him get on my nerves. The unusually stringent ~Christian sexual ethic~, for example, derives in large part straight from the mouth of Jesus, and Christian antisemitism is at least as evident in the Johannine writings as it is in the Pauline writings (Paul continued to identify as a Pharisee throughout his life, for goodness' sake!).
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 09:18:28 PM »

I'm not a huge Paul fan, but I think he's become something of a sin-eater for things people don't like about small-o orthodox Christianity and so most of the popular criticisms of him get on my nerves. The unusually stringent ~Christian sexual ethic~, for example, derives in large part straight from the mouth of Jesus, and Christian antisemitism is at least as evident in the Johannine writings as it is in the Pauline writings (Paul continued to identify as a Pharisee throughout his life, for goodness' sake!).

I don't understand how someone who wrote Romans 11 ( "all Israel will be saved" ) could be considered antisemitic.

Yeah.  And Trump is "totally not racist."

All those early Christian cultists fresh-off-the-boat had no choice but to throw their fellow Jews under the bus because it made converting Romans much easier.   Which was, after all, their ultimate goal. 

It was much more politically prudent to blame the Rabbi's crucifixion on "those people" as opposed to telling the truth:  Rome had Jeebus executed for insurrection.   

It's amazing how your posting style is so theatrically abrasive and unpleasant as to make the received, mostly-uncontroversial explanation for why the Gospels stress Jewish leaders' culpability in Jesus' death seem like an edgy Nu Atheist take.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies