Georgia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:39:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Georgia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia  (Read 761 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« on: February 20, 2021, 05:07:59 PM »

4 more years growth of ATL should give Democrats a bit more of a cushion, but we have to understand that in GA in 2020 Democrats had strong turnout where they needed it the most. If Democratic turnout is poor in 2024, it could easily flip back, but that probably means Ds are struggling across the board.

I do think some people are overrating how blue GA is just because Democrats had a very strong year in GA in 2020.

I agree with most of this, but I think part of why people are (potentially) overestimating GA 2024 is because Democrats had a very strong year in Georgia when they had a surprisingly weak year almost everywhere else. That context is important and I suspect that few people that were confident of Democrats' chances in GA back in 2020 would have guessed Biden and the Democratic Senate candidates would have won in a Biden +4 national environment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies