On a scale of 1-10, how much chaos will the green tea party cause in Philly?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:41:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  On a scale of 1-10, how much chaos will the green tea party cause in Philly?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: 1 = a few dozen protesters a block away, 10 = 1968

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: On a scale of 1-10, how much chaos will the green tea party cause in Philly?  (Read 198 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2016, 11:10:25 AM »
« edited: July 19, 2016, 11:12:53 AM by Lyin' Steve »

So we all know that the Sanders crowd wants to "take it to the convention", but in light of his endorsement of Hillary it's not really clear what that entails.  He has his big speech on Monday night before the votes, will he call for unity or go for a roll-call vote?  Will there be trouble-making delegates inside the convention hall and will they be able to generate news stories, like the NeverTrumpers were this morning, about chaos and disunity at the DNC Convention?  Will there be major protests outside the convention hall and if so will they get any attention or just be easily drowned out by the events of the day?

From what I've seen online, the "Bern The Convention" crowd seems disorganized and clueless, and they're already using the high price of staying in their designated hotels as an excuse to blame their not going on a conspiracy by the evil DNC.  I've heard of a few protest licenses being given out but they're all blocks away from the convention hall.  I'm hoping it will only be a 1 or 2 at best, maybe a handful of people chanting for Bernie on the floor who get quickly silenced, and a dozen or so idiot "protesters" who try to storm the hall and get taken away in handcuffs.  But there's always that chance that things could spin out of control.  I definitely don't think we're headed for anything close to a 1968 situation, the motivation just isn't there anymore since his endorsement and a lot of them giving up on the DNC entirely and jumping ship to the greens.

What do you think?  I'd put the RNC Convention at about a 4 so far, they haven't come anywhere near to threatening Trump or voicing anything more than a small pocket of disagreement, but they did put on a show and generate negative news reports all Monday.  If they decide to irritate Trump by threatening to vote Cruz for VP instead of Pence, that could drive it further into the weeds.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies