Birthers Alert!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:06:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Birthers Alert!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Birthers Alert!!!  (Read 7308 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: July 24, 2009, 09:11:33 AM »

You'd think some of the birthers would be distracted by the "Jewish merchant harvesting kidneys" story from yesterday...
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 08:32:15 AM »

I think the whole idea that we should "trust a man by his word" is dead in this day and age. I cringe at the idea that in this day of identity theft, mass fraud, et al that we simply accept the fact that a man can become president based on his sworn word.

The State of Hawaii released an official record of Obama's birth certificate. We aren't going on his "sworn word," we are working off of the legal document provided by state government. You can't ask for more than that.

Your inclination may be to believe the Birthers are arguing in good faith, even if they are wrong--but they aren't. The State of Hawaii does not keep paper records of births. Lou Dobbs and friends are citing this as evidence of chicanery, but that dog won't hunt. To the best that anyone can officially document his birth, above and beyond the evidence provided by his family and friends that he was from Hawaii, it has been fully documented.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 08:23:08 AM »

I wasn't even talking about Obama but whatever.

Ok, but I think it's important to emphasize that we have never relied on a President's sworn word. Beyond the vetting of a President's biography that is part of any nomination and general election campaign, birth certificates are a matter of public record available to any one. Obama's birth certificate was released by the State of Hawaii before the election. As people often note with gun laws, current laws governing public records are sufficient to address this issue, were it actually one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies