Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:39:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 181579 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 28, 2016, 08:38:24 PM »

Warren and Christie. Gonna be a real northeastern election.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 06:47:38 PM »

If that's true, it just goes to show that Hillary doesn't care about the democrats' chance of having a senate majority in the short term or the long term.  Both of these seats would be at risk of falling into Republican hands, either through governor appointment with Warren or through a low turnout contentious election in 2018 in Virginia.

There actually is a way around that for Warren, which is for Warren to declare her intentions to resign a certain day or later to force Brown to not appoint anyone but for there to be a special election on the general election day.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 11:02:03 PM »

Very interesting that on the day Clinton sends an email teasing her choice, titled "~the big announcement~" (which sounds to me like it's been made), Kaine says he doesn't expect to be VP.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/287294-kaine-i-kind-of-feel-like-im-going-to-stay-in-the-senate

Reeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyyy??? Hmm...

Here's the email:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sounds like a decision may have been made, and they're waiting for the best time to announce. Clinton did spend all day on Saturday at her DC home with members of her vetting team. With Clinton campaigning with Kaine on Thursday, they may have let him know ahead of time.

I edited your quote so I wouldn't forget to edit it when you edit your post, but in the sentence "add your name and number below", your name is listed. Tongue
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 02:31:38 PM »

A good dark horse VP choice would be former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson. He's Hispanic, but more qualified than Castro, Perez, and Becerra. He has good foreign policy experience and he governed a state. Plus, the Clintons should put the 2008 endorsement of Obama behind them.

isn't he, like, corrupt as heck, though?

Yeah, there are some issues there.

Yeah, a little, but he's experienced. He could be ready to be president on Day One.

Clinton's not picking a washed-up has-been who has been out of public life for five years and is nearly as old as she is.
Maybe Richardson for Secretary of State or UN ambassador?

I'm thinking more along the lines of Richardson for Retirement Tongue
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 05:27:01 PM »

Kaine may be too far right. Choosing him would big a giant sign that Clinton intends to govern as even more of a "liberal Republican" candidate than Obama.

I haven't had the time to go and crunch numbers, but with a Kaine pick, Clinton would be betting that the number of "moderate"  votes she gets will outweigh the loss of actual leftists who vote Green, Lib, or just stay home. (The "moderate" votes will count for more if she's actually taking them away from Trump, instead of grabbing folks who would otherwise stay home,  of course.)

This election is really, really turing into a race to see which pile of elephant turds is the stinkiest. Guess I need to look for more jobs in Canada.
If you move to Canada, you'll just start saying the Liberals are Conservative Lite.

Very true. It is time to accept your center-left overlords. Clinton/Trudeau will be the best duo ever! Smiley
I am not a fan of Hillary, but to compare her with Trudeau is very demeaning to her.

Trudeau is fantastic Cheesy
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 05:41:55 PM »

A good dark horse VP choice would be former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson. He's Hispanic, but more qualified than Castro, Perez, and Becerra. He has good foreign policy experience and he governed a state. Plus, the Clintons should put the 2008 endorsement of Obama behind them.

isn't he, like, corrupt as heck, though?

Yeah, there are some issues there.

Yeah, a little, but he's experienced. He could be ready to be president on Day One.

Clinton's not picking a washed-up has-been who has been out of public life for five years and is nearly as old as she is.
Maybe Richardson for Secretary of State or UN ambassador?

I'm thinking more along the lines of Richardson for Retirement Tongue

What do you have against Gov. Richardson? He is qualified to be Secretary of State.

I don't like him because he's not a soothing midwesterner (but in all seriousness, to me he just doesn't seem to be a very qualified guy to hold the job and I believe that there are many alternatives to him that I would rather see serve as SoS).
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 03:32:39 PM »

Booker would be a good choice. He voluntarily lived in a housing project in the worst part of Newark when he was on the council, which is a good story to tell about commitment to public service.

He would also ignite the Obama coalition.

He would ignite the Obama coalition, but with all of the tensions in our country, I don't know if America will want a African American vice president. Some people have "Obama fatigue".

Those people wouldn't have voted for Clinton anyways Tongue
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 05:16:12 PM »

I really doubt that Vilsack (out of all people) is seriously in the running. Probably just some joke that people "close to the Clinton campaign" made just to mess with the media/politicos. Just like the one general that was mentioned while Trump was considering Flynn. Her shortlist is probably Warren/Perez/Kaine/Booker/Castro.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies