Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:27:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 92420 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2019, 11:09:34 PM »

As we see Biden fall again, as we get closer to primary election, Biden is failing again in IA, NH, NV and Cali, he is so boring and doesnt defend himself from attacks; consequently,  the Superdelegates were very wrong to endorse him. Hilary was beloved due to Bill Clinton having a boon economy,  Biden did virtually nothing as Veep. I rather see Bernie take it and I will vote for Booker or Stenya in the primary. Hope Jess Scarane beats Coons, stop Biden Dems

Biden when he was attacked by Harris didnt defend himself,  he had Carol Mosley-Braun take up for him

This is laughably incoherent and inaccurate

When Biden was attacked by Harris, Carol Mosley-Braun did come to his defense, before Biden mounted an attack, I should know, Carol Mosley-Braun was my Senator too, and AA who didnt support Biden, was flabbergasted by it, due to fact of Mosley-Braun campaigning against Thomas.

Carol Mosley-Braun endorsed Biden after the Harris attacks

As my second point the latest poll has Biden at 32 and Bernie at 25, but the Fox polls had Bernie at 13%,
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2019, 11:35:30 PM »

Not according to his Deputy Campaign Manager. It would be an unwise move, even if by mid 2023 he decides to not to run again, should be get elected in 2020.

I mean, if Malaysia elected a 90-yo Prime Minister, I guess we could have an 80-yo President? Biden would be 86 at the end of a hypothetical second term. That would be older than I any serving non-dictator/royal world leader I could find, even in history (surely there's someone older).

Besides the PM of Malaysia, Tunisia had a President elected in a free election at age 88 who died recently at 92.

Right! I forgot about Essebi.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2019, 03:36:42 PM »

Deeply moving clip. Really.

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2019, 04:28:31 PM »

“Moved” by Joe Biden...

Really disturbing stuff, folks!
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2019, 04:42:14 PM »

“Moved” by Joe Biden...

Really disturbing stuff, folks!

Elaborate...
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2019, 06:19:55 PM »

This ad is going up on the air in South Carolina. This will resonate more than Bernie Sanders railing against "the estabwishment".

Absolutely love this ad.
Go Biden.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2019, 07:22:30 PM »

Biden needs to keep this up. Adding more humanity and sympathy to his campaign is a great way for him to contrast himself with Trump whose campaign will almost certainly be all about himself when it isn't about the concepts and people he hates.

Biden also really ought to include his own experiences with health care, like what dealing with Beau and his death at the hands of cancer was like.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2019, 07:28:25 PM »

Biden needs to keep this up. Adding more humanity and sympathy to his campaign is a great way for him to contrast himself with Trump whose campaign will almost certainly be all about himself when it isn't about the concepts and people he hates.

Biden also really ought to include his own experiences with health care, like what dealing with Beau and his death at the hands of cancer was like.
This is gonna sound really weird, but Biden is the only candidate I can see improving his favorables in a general. I just think he has more potential to win back reluctant Democrats and hold those outside of the party who like him than someone like Bernie or Buttigieg.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2019, 07:30:32 PM »

This is gonna sound really weird, but Biden is the only candidate I can see improving his favorables in a general. I just think he has more potential to win back reluctant Democrats and hold those outside of the party who like him than someone like Bernie or Buttigieg.

That would be nice, but I can't be quite so hopeful about that because there is no doubt that Trump and the GOP are going to go scorched-earth with another character assassination campaign.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2019, 07:44:59 PM »

I loathe the way he talks about working with Republicans but I went from being repulsed by his candidacy to..... not mad if he gets the nominee. He's been good the last few weeks.

I've been reconsidering my options with Harris out, and rumors floating that Warren will deploy her delegates to Bernie if they manage to block Joe from an outright majority.

I previously said I would support Bernie over Biden but with the actual election staring me in my face, I could NEVER support Bernie as the nominee.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2019, 06:58:03 AM »

That would be nice, but I can't be quite so hopeful about that because there is no doubt that Trump and the GOP are going to go scorched-earth with another character assassination campaign.
Fair point, of course. The question for me is "Is Ukraine the next email server for Dems", and I am tempted to say no considering even if you think Biden has done everything accused of, that still does not exonerate Trump's role in the scandal.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2019, 07:07:10 AM »

I loathe the way he talks about working with Republicans but I went from being repulsed by his candidacy to..... not mad if he gets the nominee. He's been good the last few weeks.

I've been reconsidering my options with Harris out, and rumors floating that Warren will deploy her delegates to Bernie if they manage to block Joe from an outright majority.

I previously said I would support Bernie over Biden but with the actual election staring me in my face, I could NEVER support Bernie as the nominee.
Why the change of heart on Bernie?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2019, 10:24:16 AM »

Why the change of heart on Bernie?
I always hated both of them lol but Bernie’s base is just toxic and he will be a cancer on the Democratic Party. He’ll be forcing folks to go farther left than their district, his crazed stans will primary every Democrat who doesn’t fall in line. Complete chaos.

At least Biden will get out of the way if he becomes a liability.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2019, 07:34:15 PM »

Fair point, of course. The question for me is "Is Ukraine the next email server for Dems", and I am tempted to say no considering even if you think Biden has done everything accused of, that still does not exonerate Trump's role in the scandal.

I worry that it could be, but Biden seems more impervious to criticism than Clinton was. he shares many of the same faults, yet isn't receiving nearly equivalent skepticism over them. The Republicans also didn't spend two entire decades making him the object of their hatred like they did with Clinton. So he might have that going for him.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2019, 07:37:39 PM »

I worry that it could be, but Biden seems more impervious to criticism than Clinton was. he shares many of the same faults, yet isn't receiving nearly equivalent skepticism over them. The Republicans also didn't spend two entire decades making him the object of their hatred like they did with Clinton. So he might have that going for him.
(Also, if we are gonna be real, the dude has a dick). That and also the fact (and this is why him being so old is not as concerning to me) that he gives off a loving grandpa vibe, and not someone who people feel as comfortable attacking as a "shrill woman" like Hillary.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2019, 07:41:32 PM »

(Also, if we are gonna be real, the dude has a dick). That and also the fact (and this is why him being so old is not as concerning to me) that he gives off a loving grandpa vibe, and not someone who people feel as comfortable attacking as a "shrill woman" like Hillary.

This is definitely the elephant in the room. If Biden gets nominated and wins the general election against Trump, I have no doubt that this, no matter how subtextual in peoples' minds it is, will be a contributing factor to his victory.
Hollywood
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2019, 09:19:09 PM »

This is definitely the elephant in the room. If Biden gets nominated and wins the general election against Trump, I have no doubt that this, no matter how subtextual in peoples' minds it is, will be a contributing factor to his victory.

When a Democrat only win 55% and 51% of the smaller 18-29 and 30-44 year-old demographic, and lose by a reasonable 8% in the largest demographic (45-64), your candidate being a female is not your downfall.  5% of females voted for someone else rather than Hillary Clinton, 9% of 18-29 voters did the same.  If Clinton would have won half of these female third-party voters, she would have won the election with better female numbers than Obama.   Polls as far back as December 2015 illustrated Clinton's issues with young voters, and the focus of her campaign targeted older voters just like Kerry in 2004.  2004 was the last time we saw Republicans compete in WI and PA, and pointed to a demographic change that favored them in the future.  Biden's numbers with young voters are worse than Clinton and Kerry.

This is the Huffington Post reiterating the concern over Biden, which was the same concern people had for Hillary and Kerry. 
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-youth-problem-2020-presidential-campaign_n_5dfab81de4b006dceaa81ab4   
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2019, 11:32:58 PM »

The comparison of Biden to Hillary/Kerry isn't really fair.  He's moderate like them, but he's way more charismatic.  That was their main problem. 
Hollywood
« Reply #193 on: December 20, 2019, 12:34:11 AM »

The comparison of Biden to Hillary/Kerry isn't really fair.  He's moderate like them, but he's way more charismatic.  That was their main problem. 

I agree with you to an extent, but was prepared for this response.  Tell me.  Who finds Joe Biden charismatic?  Look at the polls.  It's geriatric women over 55 years-old, which is the same demographic that thought John Kerry was charismatic. Charisma is a perception.  Plenty of old hags thought Hillary and Kerry were very charismatic, whereas many young voters saw two old charlatans without any real personality.  No matter how many times the establishment characterizes him as "Sweet Uncle Joe", but everyone under 50 thinks of him as creepy "Uncle Paul".  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Uncle%20Paul
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #194 on: December 20, 2019, 01:17:34 AM »

I agree with you to an extent, but was prepared for this response.  Tell me.  Who finds Joe Biden charismatic?  Look at the polls.  It's geriatric women over 55 years-old, which is the same demographic that thought John Kerry was charismatic. Charisma is a perception.  Plenty of old hags thought Hillary and Kerry were very charismatic, whereas many young voters saw two old charlatans without any real personality.  No matter how many times the establishment characterizes him as "Sweet Uncle Joe", but everyone under 50 thinks of him as creepy "Uncle Paul".  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Uncle%20Paul

There are plenty of people under 40 who think of Joe as Obama’s crazy sidekick and will vote for him for President. Bernie bots on Twitter are not the entire cohort of young people in this country.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #195 on: December 20, 2019, 10:55:25 AM »

Biden says he would possibly be a one-termer if elected:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-not-willing-commit-second-term
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #196 on: December 20, 2019, 04:40:08 PM »

Biden is seen as an antidote to the biggest problem in our country: Trump. No reason he needs to run for a second term; frankly, it matters little what he does during 4 years cuz it’ll be boiled-plate Democratic policies.

I’ve never seen a nominee for President chosen solely because of his perceived electability; even Romney was considered as a mainstream conservative option.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #197 on: December 20, 2019, 06:46:10 PM »

I heard from Chris Clizilla that Biden had a great debate.  Wonderful news.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #198 on: December 20, 2019, 07:13:27 PM »

When a Democrat only win 55% and 51% of the smaller 18-29 and 30-44 year-old demographic, and lose by a reasonable 8% in the largest demographic (45-64), your candidate being a female is not your downfall.  5% of females voted for someone else rather than Hillary Clinton, 9% of 18-29 voters did the same.  If Clinton would have won half of these female third-party voters, she would have won the election with better female numbers than Obama.   Polls as far back as December 2015 illustrated Clinton's issues with young voters, and the focus of her campaign targeted older voters just like Kerry in 2004.  2004 was the last time we saw Republicans compete in WI and PA, and pointed to a demographic change that favored them in the future.  Biden's numbers with young voters are worse than Clinton and Kerry.

This is the Huffington Post reiterating the concern over Biden, which was the same concern people had for Hillary and Kerry. 
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-youth-problem-2020-presidential-campaign_n_5dfab81de4b006dceaa81ab4   

Romney competed for PA in 2012
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #199 on: December 20, 2019, 08:56:42 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies