Bigotry towards whites (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:08:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Bigotry towards whites (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is there widespread bigotry towards whites in America today?
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (Other)

No (Other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Bigotry towards whites  (Read 10681 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: June 08, 2009, 12:08:47 AM »

Yes, just like the reverse. It's just so happens that the power structure is still predominantly white so it doesn't effect them that much. But if you look at minority majority areas it can get ugly (I'm with Flyers on that). In general 'race' relations are still nowhere near as good as we like to think.

Well, now that you mentioned me.  Wow, I'm only one of 2 Democrats who voted yes sofar, but I don't know if it's "widespread" per se.  Do I sense it?  Absolutely, but there is also bigotry of whites towards blacks that still exists.  There's even black-Hispanic prejudice back and forth.  I've come to the conclusion most, if not all, of us are inherently racist, but it will take time as we evolve as humans to be more tolerant.  I've worked at mixed race places and noticed the cateterias.  Now I've seen different races sit together, but it still seems like the whites go to one area and the blacks instinctively go to another.  Just because a lot of whites and Hispanics voted for Obama doesn't mean racial tension is dead.  Blacks will always have certain general opinions of whites and vice versa.   
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 12:45:57 PM »

Spot on. But be careful, they've called me 'racist' for saying the same thing.

I've been called both a racist (rich, clueless kids I went to college with who wouldn't know what to do if they ever actually saw a black person but they try to emulate the "gangsta" life) and a "bleeding heart lib who coddles the blacks"(former friend's dad who's a retired cop).  I state my opinions probably a little too much.  I generally take the stand that I don't try to be racist, but certain things have smacked me in the face over the course of my lifetime as well. 

The funny thing is that Flyers would probably still call a Republican a racist for saying the same. Or at least he used to a few years ago. He's said some pretty outrageous stuff regarding race relations and that was ok, in his eyes, but when I said things that weren't even remotely racist, he'd blast be for being a closet racist.

From knowing you over time, I know you're not.  I just don't like it politicized.  I know you're gonna laugh at me, but I found one of Barbara Mikulski's speeches spot on.  It more eloquently put into words what I'm thinking with a few minor tweaks:

"America is not a melting pot. It is a sizzling cauldron for the ethnic American who feels that he has been politically courted and legally extorted by both government and private enterprise. The ethnic American is sick of being stereotyped as a racist and dullard by phony white liberals, pseudo black militants and patronizing bureaucrats. He pays the bill for every major government program and gets nothing or little in the way of return. Tricked by the political rhetoric of the illusionary funding for black-oriented social programs, he turns his anger to race — when he himself is the victim of class prejudice.

[He] has worked hard all his life to become a 'good American;' he and his sons have fought on every battlefield — then he is made fun of because he likes the flag. The ethnic American is overtaxed and underserved at every level of government. He does not have fancy lawyers or expensive lobbyists getting him tax breaks on his income. Being a home owner, he shoulders the rising property taxes — the major revenue source for the municipalities in which he lives. Yet he enjoys very little from these unfair and burdensome levies.

... [T]he ethnic American also feels unappreciated for the contribution he makes to society. He resents the way the working class is looked down upon. In many instances he is treated like the machine he operates or the pencil he pushes. He is tired of being treated like an object of production. The public and private institutions have made him frustrated by their lack of response to his needs. At present he feels powerless in his daily dealings with and efforts to change them. Unfortunately, because of old prejudices and new fears, anger is generated against other minority groups rather than those who have power. What is needed is an alliance of white and black, white collar, blue collar and no collar based on mutual need, interdependence and respect, an alliance to develop the strategy for new kinds of community organization and political participation.[2]"

TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 05:06:16 PM »

Right. You just like using Obama as a possible excuse for why black guys are more confident at clubs that you frequent.  Roll Eyes

You got me.  I do find that some black men see white men as weak and nonaggressive at clubs and try to move in on white women.  With a fair number of black men, a white woman is a trophy and yes, I've heard black women get pissed at it as well.  Facts are facts. 
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 12:12:40 PM »

Right. You just like using Obama as a possible excuse for why black guys are more confident at clubs that you frequent.  Roll Eyes
You got me.  I do find that some black men see white men as weak and nonaggressive at clubs and try to move in on white women.  With a fair number of black men, a white woman is a trophy and yes, I've heard black women get pissed at it as well.  Facts are facts. 

Aggressive guys see weak guys in the club and go after their women, it has nothing to do with race.  Unfortunately white guys tend to be the weak ones, especially in a mixed race situation.

But from observation, black guys assume that a guy's white he's automatically weak.  I try to be as race neutral as possible, but an older guy in the club said to me in one of these situations that many years ago the black guy who got aggressive with white women would have been in the hospital and today's white guys are pussies.  I usually take the strategy of trying to subtly cut the black guy off if me and him are both looking at the same woman and if needed, fight.  It shows I'm not weak and usually the black guy backs off.  I've also found that a fair, but not overwhelming majority of white women appreciate what I do in that situation.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 11:28:26 PM »

I love the generalizations and racist crap being spewed out by both sides in this thread.

"I'm not racist, but I'll string up a n when he has it comin'"

I mean.. come on, people.  At least be honest with yourself.

I didn't say the n-word.  You don't go clubbing/barhopping much do you?  Also have you ever been in many urban areas?  Hate to say it, but if I went into a neighborhood bar with a black majority, met someone who looked like Robin Givens and caught a case of jungle fever, you bet your ass I'd be beat up or shot.  Racism sucks, but there are certain realities in this world.  Ok, I do have a little in me.  I don't feel we should go back to segregation, I'd still vote no on the interracial marriage vote in Alabama, and I support most of the Civil Rights of 1964 Act, but I'm finding the black men are getting far too emboldened at clubs with white women and think they can walk all over white men and yeah I'm a little ticked.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 12:40:22 AM »

...but I'm finding the black men are getting far too emboldened at clubs with white women and think they can walk all over white men and yeah I'm a little ticked.

Are you serious?  A black man can't have a white woman?  That's all this is?  A little racist, huh?  That's a lot racist, dude.

Did I say black men can't have white women?  No.  What I was trying to get at is there are some black men who act cocky at clubs who try overaggressively to push out white men and go for white women who more times than none aren't interested.  I notice this far more with blacks than I do whites.  The problem with it is the women are on heightened alert and now NO men can talk to them for the rest of the night.  I just get that vibe sometimes, nothing to get all huffy and puffy about and call me a racist.  This is the problem with the world today- political correctness.  That's why I admire Bill Maher.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies