Advertising Notes - Where the Dems and Reps are Putting Their Money
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:19:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Advertising Notes - Where the Dems and Reps are Putting Their Money
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Advertising Notes - Where the Dems and Reps are Putting Their Money  (Read 13578 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2010, 09:01:20 PM »

The California may indeed be a hail mary thing for Fiorina, but I think they are looking down ballot and hoping that if they keep the Senate race close, they hold CA-03, and pick-up CA-11 and (possibly) CA-18, CA-20 and CA-47.

If that were the motive, one would think the Pubbies would dump money into the subject districts, particularly CA-18 and CA-20, where the Sacto and Fresno media markets are cheap to make buys in. CA-47 is a ground game thing (the district is low turnout city - in my district in the same county, the turnout is about 3 times higher, and doing a ground game in CA-48 would be ludicrous, because most of us vote anyway). CA-11 is a function of national issues, and I think the GOP thinks that one is in the bag.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2010, 02:03:36 AM »

The California may indeed be a hail mary thing for Fiorina, but I think they are looking down ballot and hoping that if they keep the Senate race close, they hold CA-03, and pick-up CA-11 and (possibly) CA-18, CA-20 and CA-47.

If that were the motive, one would think the Pubbies would dump money into the subject districts, particularly CA-18 and CA-20, where the Sacto and Fresno media markets are cheap to make buys in. CA-47 is a ground game thing (the district is low turnout city - in my district in the same county, the turnout is about 3 times higher, and doing a ground game in CA-48 would be ludicrous, because most of us vote anyway). CA-11 is a function of national issues, and I think the GOP thinks that one is in the bag.

Exactly. If the GOP wanted to pick up CA-18 and 20 along with the Senate race, they wouldn't have been wasting it advertising for Fiorina during the world series. I wonder how many undecideds it really reached. Socal is where Fiorina needs to focus her attention and I don't think many down there were paying attention to how the Giants were doing. Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2010, 12:54:11 PM »

I agree that CA is a waist of money. If they were wise CO, WV, and WA should have gotten it instead. With the NRSC having to burry PA in money to blunt a short lived Sestak surge, they really shouldn't have been trying to contest CA.

The NRSC is going to be so broke in 2012, it would make zombie Lehman look financially healthy. They are spending like its 2004 with 2008 fundraising numbers. Unless they have been really pulling in the green in the last two months which I doubt.

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2010, 03:55:13 PM »

I agree that CA is a waist of money. If they were wise CO, WV, and WA should have gotten it instead. With the NRSC having to burry PA in money to blunt a short lived Sestak surge, they really shouldn't have been trying to contest CA.

The NRSC is going to be so broke in 2012, it would make zombie Lehman look financially healthy. They are spending like its 2004 with 2008 fundraising numbers. Unless they have been really pulling in the green in the last two months which I doubt.

I wouldn't worry too much about money in 2012. Money will be pouring into the Republicans if they win the house and get close to taking back the Senate. Considering how many vulnerable seats there would be for the Dems in 2012, if it's an even year or better for the Republicans, money shouldn't really be a problem. Money follows power.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2010, 07:01:02 PM »

I wouldn't worry too much about money in 2012. Money will be pouring into the Republicans if they win the house and get close to taking back the Senate. Considering how many vulnerable seats there would be for the Dems in 2012, if it's an even year or better for the Republicans, money shouldn't really be a problem. Money follows power.

Indeed it does.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2010, 07:05:15 PM »

All of this makes a Democratic upset so much more appealing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies