OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:33:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance  (Read 95630 times)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« on: January 25, 2021, 11:06:07 AM »

Connie Schultz (Sherrod Brown’s wife) hinting at a run?
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 03:27:05 PM »

They should listen to this guy. Dave Chappelle for senate would be hilarious lol and he wouldn’t do any worse than any other Dem.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 05:23:57 PM »

Mandel is probably gonna run. Ugh. What a despicable individual.

What’s the issue with Mandel?
Praised white nationalists and then never apologized when called out on it.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 09:17:42 AM »

Tim Ryan outperformed Biden in his district by 5.2% (winning by 8.6% vs Biden's 3.4%). If we carry that through the entire state (which is generous) he would've lost to a generic Republican opponent by 2.8% statewide in 2020. Not to mention, this race was thought to be "Safe D" so the Republican didn't receive any national attention. Why does anybody believe with that set of facts that Mandel or anybody would "struggle" against him?
I mean, I don’t think it will be competitive either, but Mandel did underperform Kasich by quite a bit in 2014 and Romney in 2012 by a couple points (though most of that was probably because of Sherrod Brown being an exceptional candidate) so I can see where people are coming from when they say Mandel is weak. Ryan v. Mandel is Democrats best scenario likely, but it would still take a D leaning environment which is unlikely to occur.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 04:41:44 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2021, 07:29:33 PM by FalterinArc »

Tim Ryan outperformed Biden in his district by 5.2% (winning by 8.6% vs Biden's 3.4%). If we carry that through the entire state (which is generous) he would've lost to a generic Republican opponent by 2.8% statewide in 2020. Not to mention, this race was thought to be "Safe D" so the Republican didn't receive any national attention. Why does anybody believe with that set of facts that Mandel or anybody would "struggle" against him?
I mean, I don’t think it will be competitive either, but Mandel did underperform Kasich by quite a bit in 2014 and Romney in 2012 by a couple points (though most of that was probably because of Sherrod Brown being an exceptional candidate) so I can see where people are coming from when they say Mandel is weak. Ryan v. Mandel is Democrats best scenario likely, but it would still take a D leaning environment which is unlikely to occur.

Do you remember who was Kasich's opponent in 2014 ? Fitzgerald was one of the weakest democratic gubernatorial candidate of that year.
Well Mandel also underperformed the entire statewide GOP ticket, it was a pretty awful year for OH dems overall
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 07:26:04 PM »

https://theintercept.com/2021/03/22/ohio-abortion-amy-acton/
I know it's the Intercept, but this could really be something Ryan could use to attack Acton on in the primary, if these polls sorta take away the electability argument. (Not that it matters for the general ofc)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 10:00:00 AM »

This thread should not have 16 (now 17) pages. This is not a competitive race.
I mean, the Kansas 2020 race got over 45 pages of discussion and we all know how that turned out Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies