French Presidential Election; 2nd round thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:24:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French Presidential Election; 2nd round thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French Presidential Election; 2nd round thread  (Read 94673 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: April 27, 2007, 12:15:09 AM »

http://www.iht.com/bin/print.php?id=5460865

Interesting story from the Int'l Herald-Tribune (a paper made for foreigners and travelers by the New York Times and the Washington Post)

Maybe Bayrou won't endorse Segolene, but it looks like he dislikes Sarkozy more. He must be focusing on the June legislative elections because his biggest flaw in Round 1 was that he didn't have any supporters in Parliament.

Its funny how Sarkozy is so outraged by Royal and Bayrou debating each other. The man has to be in the spotlight 24/7 or else he feels neglected.

I don't know what to think about the PS leaving the Commies and joining the UDF. It sounds good from an American perspective, but apparently the Communists are still technically viable if they can get over 7% of the vote. (For some reason this article doesn't consider Besancenot and Laguiller communists).
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 02:17:31 AM »

I was so happy I got to part of the debate!

The first round results on 4/22 weren't even mentioned on the NBC Evening News, but they did broadcast the debate on CSPAN yesterday.

I hate Sarkozy's personality, so I will never say anything positive about him. But I didn't like some of Segolene's responses, she was too vague and that line about putting more people on unemployment benefits? What the hell? The idea is to get people jobs! Pauvre Segolene, j'adore elle.

Final Round:

Sarkozy  53
Royal      47
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies