A fair or unfair dismissal from a workplace canteen conversation? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:33:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  A fair or unfair dismissal from a workplace canteen conversation? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Woul
Fair dismissal

Unfair dismissal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: A fair or unfair dismissal from a workplace canteen conversation?  (Read 986 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: August 22, 2014, 12:21:44 PM »

This happened around february time at my workplace, where my colleague was sacked because he said

"Generally, white women who have children with black men are financially worse off while black women who have children with white men are financially better off."

To say people were upset by these comments was an understatement. In his hearing, he said the conversation got out of control, his choice of words was not the best and he apologies if it caused any offence but he openly admitted that what he stated was statistically true. The people offended many whom were women wanted hiim punished. So should he have been dismissed?

I'm not a big fan of the null comparative, but I'm not a fan of spelling offense as you did either.  Neither of them would cause me to want to have someone fired.

My guess is that somebody already had it out of him long before this.  I voted unfair but I suspect that there's more to the story.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies