Outgoing Ark Gov Mike Huckabee is thinking of a run (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:30:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Outgoing Ark Gov Mike Huckabee is thinking of a run (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Outgoing Ark Gov Mike Huckabee is thinking of a run  (Read 3187 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: May 24, 2005, 09:47:40 AM »

www.politics1.com reported today that outgoing Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee is telling friends that he will seek the GOP's nomination in 2008.

This really is somebody that not very many people have thought of for 2008.

He might have a pretty good chance, however, I think just as much as Americans dont want another Bush or Clinton in the White House, they may not want another Arkansan or Texan in there, either.

Let me know what you think about Mikey's chances?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 11:46:16 AM »

Could Huckabee be described as a moderate Republican?

Dave

I would describe him as a moderate-conservative Republican?  Meaning, he's not far-right, like Rick Santorum, nor is he center-right like Lincoln Chafee.  I think he's just to the right of John McCain by a couple notches.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 04:48:12 PM »

Phil,

I wasn't dogging Rick Santorum by calling him far-right.  I think that can be a good thing.  I really like the guy, and I think he's a good Senator for PA and a good Senator for the nation.  We could use his leadership in the Senate like we could use rain in a drought.  He's conservative and conservative is good.

Just had to tell you,

Jeff
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 04:55:22 PM »

Phil,

I wasn't dogging Rick Santorum by calling him far-right.  I think that can be a good thing.  I really like the guy, and I think he's a good Senator for PA and a good Senator for the nation.  We could use his leadership in the Senate like we could use rain in a drought.  He's conservative and conservative is good.

Just had to tell you,

Jeff

Whether you think it's a good thing or not, he's not far right. People buy into that line because the Dems are constantly saying it. In reality, he's your standard conservative.

I admit I could have used a better example of far-right, because you're right, Santorum is in the mainstream conservative boat.  I should have used someone like my own freshman senator Tom Coburn.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 10:06:28 AM »

Santorum isn't as far to the right as Bunning, Coburn, or Inhofe, but he is pretty damn far to the right, fairly close to Demint
Bunning isn't rightwing. He's merely mad as a hatter.

Jim Inhofe isn't far right, either.  He's just conservative.  He's been an EXCELLENT senator for one of the best states in the union.
Tom Coburn is far right.  He really hasn't made any noise, yet, in the Senate in the past 4 months, so I can't really judge whether he will be good for Oklahoma or not.  Maybe by Labor Day or Halloween I will be able to tell a little better.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 09:11:37 PM »

I hope the talk shows don't decide the outcome of the election.  That makes those of us who hate talk "trash" shows of none effect.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies