Which Party do you Prefer/think is less evil: Southern National Party or IRL Republican Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:19:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Which Party do you Prefer/think is less evil: Southern National Party or IRL Republican Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which Party do you Prefer: Southern National Party or IRL Republican Party
Southern National Party

IRL Republican Party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Which Party do you Prefer/think is less evil: Southern National Party or IRL Republican Party  (Read 742 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2023, 01:10:23 AM »

And would you vote for Trump, or YT
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 02:51:40 AM »

YT is basically the Trump of Atlasia. And it's hard to compare people playing a game (trolling/etc.) than with people actively attempting to challenge human rights or dismantle a state through various ways.

For YT or Trump, i'll not reply because I don't know YT well enough to know if I actually would vote for him or Trump if i needed to. An online persona can differ from a RL persona.

If we take the SNP's platform literally, i would though prefer the actual Republican platform. The SNP has created a confederation-apologist state and has actively attempted and arguably succeeded in eroding democracy in the Southern region. You can say a lot about the Republican Party but they didn't went this far as the SNP went in the game even though the SNP of course is inspired by atlasian events such as the Kansas invasion and RL events such as 6/1.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 03:53:57 AM »

SNP are edgy Republican teens and basement dwellers, I'd rather vote for a successful businessman with decades of real life experience.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2023, 09:17:53 AM »

I’d trust the lifelong teetotal.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2023, 01:42:15 PM »

SNP by default precisely because they're just stupid Zoomers (no offense to all you not-stupid Zoomers) throwing a temper tantrum whenever things don't go their way, but don't affect my life in any way outside Atlasia. SNP is essentially just a really, really dickish high school clique. And if you've seen Mean Girls, you know that the plastics always lose in the end and/or become more self-aware. And self-awareness is sorely lacking on this forum.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2023, 01:46:39 PM »

The SNP has no actual real life consequences and in the event that a party emerged that wanted to take away a lot of socially conservative states that contribute very little to economic growth, I would rather that than fascism.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 02:36:54 PM »

The SNP has no actual real life consequences and in the event that a party emerged that wanted to take away a lot of socially conservative states that contribute very little to economic growth, I would rather that than fascism.
Son, they are fascists.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2023, 02:42:53 PM »

Son, they are fascists.

The point is they wouldn’t impact me in New Jersey, so I could continue to live under liberal and Democratic rule and they can do whatever they want with guns and whatever.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2023, 03:47:34 PM »

Son, they are fascists.

The point is they wouldn’t impact me in New Jersey, so I could continue to live under liberal and Democratic rule and they can do whatever they want with guns and whatever.
Cope
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2023, 03:55:59 PM »

Son, they are fascists.

Cope

The fact that I didn’t know what this was until I replied indicates it is very much not making me cope.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2023, 08:50:50 PM »

It is not entirely correct to compare them, because the SNP are the players who play the roles that seem to them the most striking and interesting. They do not encroach on the security of any real country, unlike Trump. If we compare these parties as concepts, then, of course, the SNP acted much more effectively inside the game (if only the metagame magic hadn't gotten in their way) than Trump in reality, so the SNP is more dangerous in its place.

There are two levels of comparison, and these give opposite estimates.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2023, 11:08:06 AM »

(if only the metagame magic hadn't gotten in their way)

They made the fatal miscalculation that this is not a governance game nor a storytelling society, it is principally an electioneering simulator. And in-game reality would bend to maintain that.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2023, 12:26:29 PM »

They made the fatal miscalculation that this is not a governance game nor a storytelling society, it is principally an electioneering simulator. And in-game reality would bend to maintain that.
Oh, this is very bad for me, because I can only convince people of the opposite of what I am trying to convince. With my "CHA Mod -3", I'm not fit to play an electioneering simulator.

I just thought that since we're comfortable with wumao-spam in some of the international discussion threads, we could be even more comfortable with certain playable characters and not see their players as evil that needs to be stopped immediately by any means. Separatists can still be dealt with in-game ways, even though it will be difficult.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2023, 11:15:32 PM »

If they both existed in real life, or both within this game, the RL GOP. I haven't heard them pushing secession, and while MTG may have a big mouth, she isn't an accurate reflection of the party as a whole. Meanwhile YT is a perfect reflection of the SNP.

In the current situation of one being just an atlasian creation and one being an IRL party, obviously the SNP because they're way less proficient at strategy and have already been made basically a non-factor.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2023, 10:34:39 AM »

I will give Donald Trump credit where credit is due, he has not tried to literally break the United States (at least, not on purpose)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies