Glenn Greenwald achieves his final form (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:46:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Glenn Greenwald achieves his final form (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Glenn Greenwald achieves his final form  (Read 11688 times)
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« on: January 20, 2021, 01:25:37 AM »

Maybe he just doesn't want authoritarian government from the left or right?

Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 11:31:25 AM »

Oh yes, the famously liberal, pro-journalist Putin regime which Greenwald has relentlessly defended is not an example of authoritarian government AT ALL.

Have a link to any of these articles? I cannot find them and I've only read his pieces last couple years or so.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 08:03:42 PM »

Attributing all those virus deaths to Trump is lazy.  While he is partly responsible, no leader would've prevented all the deaths.  Definitely not in a country this large with as big as an independent streak we have here. 
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 09:50:55 PM »

Oh yes, the famously liberal, pro-journalist Putin regime which Greenwald has relentlessly defended is not an example of authoritarian government AT ALL.

Have a link to any of these articles? I cannot find them and I've only read his pieces last couple years or so.
it says something that we never got a response to this.  Should be simple to find a few articles or Tweets if he "relentlessly defended".  A lot of red avatars "liked" the post, so this should be really easy.  Yet here we are.

<I did some casual Googling for you, and I ain't finding sh**t.  A lot of people saying he's defended Putin, but the only thing he seems to have said was that it's wrong to say that Putin stole the election for Trump, which is a 100% accurate thing to say.  Ball is in your court.>

Also, keep in mind that I do not like Putin or Russia (I'm an American of a certain age, it's in our blood), so it won't take much to get me to agree with you here, I'm just not seeing it.
Well tbf the comment demanded articles whileGG defense of Putin is mainly on Twitter but if your want examples of that we got two articles here
https://www.thehill.com/hilltv/rising/484370-glenn-greenwald-interference-from-the-national-intelligence-community-is-more%3famp
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/09/03/glenn-greenwald-the-bane-of-their-resistance
The Hill one gives me a "page not found" and the New Yorker one is as long as a New Yorker article, and aintnobodygottimeforthat so I just read the paragraphs that contain the 15 mentions of Putin and I'm not seeing what you all are claiming.  But I've got different biases and such than you guys, so maybe if you spell it out for me?

(not that I didn't see things I didn't like that he said, but nothing even close, at least in my opinion, to "relentlessly defending Putin" as was suggested)

Seems like mostly lightheartedly defending Putin is about all I got from it.  Russiagate still got so little results for the 3 years of nonstop bludgeoning news coverage and that's what GG was railing against, imo.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies