OH Quinnipiac Univ: Clinton Double Digit Lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:36:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  OH Quinnipiac Univ: Clinton Double Digit Lead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OH Quinnipiac Univ: Clinton Double Digit Lead  (Read 2994 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2008, 10:03:23 AM »

Wait...I'm confused...

I was under the impression, apparently a mistaken one, that Hillary was the one playing the race card in this campaign.  So why is it that everytime there's bad news for Obama his supporters claim that it *has* to have something to do with race?  Isn't it just *possible* that if someone votes for Hillary Clinton it's for reasons other than "because she's the white candidate?"

I don't think Eraserhead was serious when he made his "idiotic" comment; I think he was just trying to start something.  But seriously, it's things like this that make me want to leave this forum completely.  Anyone who doesn't like Obama on this forum is treated badly by other posters who claim they're racist, stupid, ignorant, etc.  This is the same tactic Democrats use against Generic Republican Presidential Candidate every single election year, except this year they're also trying it out on independent voters and fellow Democrats who aren't crazily obsessed with Obama.

It's like Obama lovers have been crazy with hatred towards Hillary for leading the polls all year long and then for being ahead in the delegate count up until last week.  Now that Obama is ahead in several states and leading in delegates, they've become even angrier at Hillary and her supporters.  Why?  Shouldn't this be the time to try and bring Hillary supporters over to Obama rather than turning them away with ridiculous attacks like the one posted above?  It just makes you and your candidate look all the worse.
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 03:50:18 PM »

Hillary can possibly afford to lose Texas by a close margin. However, there is no doubt she absolutely must win Ohio and Pennsylvania if she wants to continue a viable campaign. And even if she pulls off victory in those two states, Obama still looks like the favorite in most every primary/caucus remaining thereafter. She will still likely need a large amount of support from superdelegates (i.e., win them over 57-43% at least) to pull off victory. Things are not looking good for her, especially when you factor in all of these polls that show her trailing/tied with McCain in places like Oregon, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania (i.e., states that Kerry won and need to be won this time around too). Obama is polling much better against McCain, so there goes Clinton's argument that she's more electable and therefore should gain the support of pragmatic Democrats.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies