Southeast Governors Thread.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:56:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southeast Governors Thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Southeast Governors Thread.  (Read 3739 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2005, 03:50:25 PM »

My next act will be to nullify any southeastern law for "recall elections" in the Southeast region. No petition for any sort of recall will be recognized by the southeast government.

That is all.

I wish to give WiseGuy $3.5 million dollars to topple the fascist dictatorship  of StatesRights and break Harry out of jail.

Correction:  I wish to give WiseGuy $3.5 million dollars to topple the fascist dictatorship of StatesRights.

I decided WiseGuy wasn't fit to topple StatesRights...I am giving it to whoever.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2005, 03:56:16 PM »

My next act will be to nullify any southeastern law for "recall elections" in the Southeast region. No petition for any sort of recall will be recognized by the southeast government.

That is all.

I wish to give WiseGuy $3.5 million dollars to topple the fascist dictatorship  of StatesRights and break Harry out of jail.

Correction:  I wish to give WiseGuy $3.5 million dollars to topple the fascist dictatorship of StatesRights.

I decided WiseGuy wasn't fit to topple StatesRights...I am giving it to whoever.
I'm neutral as far as Atlasia vs. South, but I don't want a dictatorship in control.  How much would that get me? Smiley
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2005, 04:04:00 PM »

That is all.

You've got squat as far as authority goes in doing this. You have no nullification powers, not federal and not regional.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2005, 04:05:20 PM »

Challenge it in the courts, oh, that's right Wink
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2005, 04:08:41 PM »

That is all.

You've got squat as far as authority goes in doing this. You have no nullification powers, not federal and not regional.
Yes, it what he did is clearly against the southeast constitution.  Unfortunately, I don't see anyway to stop it, because he's suspended the right to recall.  Perhaps it should be brought to the supreme court.  That could only bring a war, however.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »

That is all.

Yes, it what he did is clearly against the southeast constitution.  Unfortunately, I don't see anyway to stop it, because he's suspended the right to recall.  Perhaps it should be brought to the supreme court.  That could only bring a war, however.

There will be a recall petition whether the govenor likes it or not. As I said, he has no power to do this.
WiseGuy

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2005, 05:25:31 PM »

May I ask why?
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2005, 05:27:40 PM »

May I ask why?
Although it is probably not my place to speculate, I think that one possible reason may be that you had previously implied that, as Lt Governor, you would fully support StatesRights' nullification efforts.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2005, 05:54:35 PM »

This is horrible. Gov. StatesRights has basically made himself Dictator and destroyed the institution of Democracy in the Southeast. This shows that StatesRights is nothing more than a Dictator and is openly going against the laws of both the Federal Government and the Southeast. This is a travesty to law and order. The Governor should cease these actions and return his region to a state of normalacy.
WiseGuy

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2005, 07:33:28 PM »

Although it is probably not my place to speculate, I think that one possible reason may be that you had previously implied that, as Lt Governor, you would fully support StatesRights' nullification efforts.

Please check my latest post in the thread, "Southeastern Resolution."  I hope this will clarify my stance on the actions of StatesRights.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2005, 11:09:27 PM »

Dear Southeastners,

I have come here today to speak to yall on the current situation. I must now announce that I will back down off the nullification of recall law. I feel I let myself to far so I apologize for that silliness. I understand Mr Dibbles concern and out of respect of him and the southeast I will give that "fight" up. However, I do stand by my actions in regards to the Civil Unions law. I do respect the courts decision in this matter although I don't agree with it.

I am asking Jake to now reopen the courts as I feel Atlasia can not afford a long, drawn out and violent civil war. We must stick together as a nation and I strongly believe the union must be preserved at this time. I would ask that militias outside the southeast to be withdrawn. When that occurs I will then recall our militia. I will not however dissolve our forces while we have an active military sitting on our borders ready to march in. I think this is a far compromise and I would wish for Alcon to ask the troops to withdrawl.

In regards to Harry. I am giving a full pardon to Harry at this time. I feel that he has not committed any true crime and our disagreements are more philisophical then legal. Harry is a good man and although we often disagree I can not stand the thought of my friend being thrown under the jail.

I would hope that the senate will take into consideration means to change the current marriage law so that the governors of the regions hands will be untied. I respect the rule of law and I ask all the citizens of the southeast to continue to respect and honor the rule of law. Any riots or unrest will immediately be quelched by me as a means of returning to normalcy.

Thank you and good day.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2005, 11:13:51 PM »

Fair enough.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2005, 11:14:16 PM »

Dear Southeastners,

I have come here today to speak to yall on the current situation. I must now announce that I will back down off the nullification of recall law. I feel I let myself to far so I apologize for that silliness. I understand Mr Dibbles concern and out of respect of him and the southeast I will give that "fight" up. However, I do stand by my actions in regards to the Civil Unions law. I do respect the courts decision in this matter although I don't agree with it.

I am asking Jake to now reopen the courts as I feel Atlasia can not afford a long, drawn out and violent civil war. We must stick together as a nation and I strongly believe the union must be preserved at this time. I would ask that militias outside the southeast to be withdrawn. When that occurs I will then recall our militia. I will not however dissolve our forces while we have an active military sitting on our borders ready to march in. I think this is a far compromise and I would wish for Alcon to ask the troops to withdrawl.

In regards to Harry. I am giving a full pardon to Harry at this time. I feel that he has not committed any true crime and our disagreements are more philisophical then legal. Harry is a good man and although we often disagree I can not stand the thought of my friend being thrown under the jail.

I would hope that the senate will take into consideration means to change the current marriage law so that the governors of the regions hands will be untied. I respect the rule of law and I ask all the citizens of the southeast to continue to respect and honor the rule of law. Any riots or unrest will immediately be quelched by me as a means of returning to normalcy.

Thank you and good day.

Oops, too late, troops are invading! Smiley ya bitch Smiley, j/k
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2005, 09:43:21 AM »

Thank you Governor for easing the tensions that have caused this great nation to fall so mightily in the past days. May this lead to greater unity in our nation.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies