PA-SEN 2024 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:59:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SEN 2024 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19
Author Topic: PA-SEN 2024 megathread  (Read 21805 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2023, 10:19:31 AM »
« edited: August 14, 2023, 10:23:34 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Casey wins 51/47 just like Slotkin, Baldwin, Yawn, Casey is the least likely to fall but you are gonna have the usuals oh McCormick is just too good just  for record Rs lost WI and PA in 22)23 and 0/4 in Edays this seaaon and get ready to go 0/5 in KY G when they lose by more than last time
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2023, 10:25:18 AM »

David McCormick is a terrible candidate and the only reason the GOP establishment is simping over him is because he's not pro-Trump. Another example of the flawed reasoning of "anti-Trump = good candidate" and "pro-Trump = bad candidate".

It's probably because he's rich enough where he can achieve parity funding wise if the environment is friendly. A huge part of the GOP's problem in 2022 was that they had to dump so much money into places like Ohio and North Carolina and it detracted from more important races.
Not really. He'll fund enough for the primary, but general Senate elections cost a LOT of money, more than McCormick will likely want to put up.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2023, 10:27:21 AM »

Yet another carpetbagger trying to win a senate seat in PA. Is their statewide bench that small to rely on these wealthy out of touch GOP donor circles candidates from another state?

Likely D -> Likely D.

IMO, yes. All of the sitting GOP congressmen are too far right for the median voter. They all represent (outside of Fitzpatrick) safe GOP districts, so they've never had to moderate. Fitzpatrick meanwhile could not win a primary, and even he is a phony 'moderate' 50% of the time. Meanwhile, their only two statewide GOP officeholders are Garrity and DeFoor. Garrity is batsh*t when you actually take a look at what she has said, while DeFoor is just a complete unknown. IMO both won in 2020 because they were both essentially unknown. DeFoor has not made a name for himself, so I guess you could argue he's generic Republican, but at the same time, it seems equally as likely that some stuff could get dug up on him if anyone even bothered to look into him.
Fitzpatrick is by any definition the most moderate member of the House and you think he's too far-right for Pennsylvania?
Would you say the same about the democratic congressmen from Pennsylvania, who are less moderate than a good chunk of the Republican delegation?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2023, 11:08:40 AM »

Yet another carpetbagger trying to win a senate seat in PA. Is their statewide bench that small to rely on these wealthy out of touch GOP donor circles candidates from another state?

Likely D -> Likely D.

IMO, yes. All of the sitting GOP congressmen are too far right for the median voter. They all represent (outside of Fitzpatrick) safe GOP districts, so they've never had to moderate. Fitzpatrick meanwhile could not win a primary, and even he is a phony 'moderate' 50% of the time. Meanwhile, their only two statewide GOP officeholders are Garrity and DeFoor. Garrity is batsh*t when you actually take a look at what she has said, while DeFoor is just a complete unknown. IMO both won in 2020 because they were both essentially unknown. DeFoor has not made a name for himself, so I guess you could argue he's generic Republican, but at the same time, it seems equally as likely that some stuff could get dug up on him if anyone even bothered to look into him.
Fitzpatrick is by any definition the most moderate member of the House and you think he's too far-right for Pennsylvania?
Would you say the same about the democratic congressmen from Pennsylvania, who are less moderate than a good chunk of the Republican delegation?

I mean outside of Fitzpatrick, they're all too far right. But Fitzpatrick is a nonstarter himself because he would never win a primary, and also a senate run would force him to finally take a side on many issues that he's skated around.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2023, 01:27:15 AM »

Likely D -> Likely D.

I mean outside of Fitzpatrick, they're all too far right. But Fitzpatrick is a nonstarter himself because he would never win a primary, and also a senate run would force him to finally take a side on many issues that he's skated around.

Yup, Fitzpatrick would lose a statewide primary and might not get the turnout from the hardcore base in a GE, even if he were to make inroads in places like Bucks County.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2023, 08:39:48 AM »

Not much in the latest F&M poll of PA for the senate race given that they couldn't even start polling the GOP primary because no one is in it, but Casey has a positive favorable rating, 39/30.

https://www.fandmpoll.org/poll-release-august-2023/
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2023, 08:50:49 AM »

Not much in the latest F&M poll of PA for the senate race given that they couldn't even start polling the GOP primary because no one is in it, but Casey has a positive favorable rating, 39/30.

DeSantis dropping 13% in the GOP primary poll in 4 months is SENDING ME
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2023, 09:42:52 AM »

I'm surprised it's this low. I expected Casey to be much higher net positive.

In any case, Casey is clearly favored; the GOP doesn't really have a bench in PA. Casey +4, Trump +3 is my guess.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2023, 03:39:12 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2023, 03:42:59 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I'm surprised it's this low. I expected Casey to be much higher net positive.

In any case, Casey is clearly favored; the GOP doesn't really have a bench in PA. Casey +4, Trump +3 is my guess.

Lol it's 15 months before Eday Biden is gonna win PA with Bob Casey Jr because if Brown is leading in OH as Chuck Todd said already in 2008/12 when he did the Steve Konraki WI, PA and MI are D Leaning, Biden with Obama will trout out ij Oct 24 Shapiro, Fetterman abd Casey in his stump speeches did you how Hillary lost PA it was with Sestak like we wanted it was Kate McGinty in 2016

With Slotkin Biden is up 1 on MI but Slotkin is 6 pts ahead MI, WI and PA, AZ, NV, GA and VA are 52/46 states

It's 15 months , this is the same S map Obama and Biden got reelection in 2012 that's why it's a good map Slotkin, Baldwin, Brown, Klobuchar, Casey, Kaine, Gallego and Rosen are gonna win, Rosen is in a tough race too but the last POS polls had Biden leading Trump 51/49 in NV
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2023, 09:57:17 AM »

LOL

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2023, 10:33:07 AM »

LOL

Trump could win Pennsylvania by 4-5 and he still wouldn’t be able to save McCormick lol
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2023, 10:42:26 AM »

LOL

While Pennsylvania does not have the type of rivalry with Connecticut that we do with New Jersey, I am willing to stand on the front lines and declare Connecticut an enemy of the commonwealth. They are New York 2.0 with none of the charm and all of the expense. A truly miserable place to live. I can't blame Dave for fleeing back to PA, but our Senate seats our not for sale.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2023, 12:56:27 PM »

Republican candidates:

1.) Evil clown buffoons
2.) Corrupt businessmen with minimal ties to their state
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2023, 01:33:24 PM »

LOL

Yet people around McTurtleman and even on this forum continue to insist this guy is and/or would have been a better candidate "Dr." Oz. He's just an equally atrocious candidate who would stand next to no chance against a local icon such as Bob Casey. He's easy to paint as another out-of-touch elitist who wants to carpetbag his way into buying a political office purely for his own ego.

The entire Republican bench in Pennsylvania seems to be kind of laughingstock in recent years. Their only viable alternative is Fitzpartick, who would get swamped in a primary because he hasn't gone full MAGA.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2023, 02:15:01 PM »

The PAGOP’s inability to find decent candidates for statewide races is truly astounding.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2023, 12:06:28 PM »

I didn't even realize he said this - he's in even worse shape than I even thought lol

oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2023, 12:24:47 PM »

I didn't even realize he said this - he's in even worse shape than I even thought lol

McCormick's only liberal position is that he's against Trump, that's it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #242 on: September 11, 2023, 01:30:56 PM »

I don't see McCormick getting closer than +4 Casey
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #243 on: September 11, 2023, 10:28:09 PM »

McCormick is literally going to be Oz 2.0 if he ultimately gets the nomination.

Still skeptical he will though.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2023, 01:09:45 AM »

LOL

While Pennsylvania does not have the type of rivalry with Connecticut that we do with New Jersey, I am willing to stand on the front lines and declare Connecticut an enemy of the commonwealth. They are New York 2.0 with none of the charm and all of the expense. A truly miserable place to live. I can't blame Dave for fleeing back to PA, but our Senate seats our not for sale.
I mean, CT used to claim all of northern PA, so it checks out Tongue
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2023, 07:55:09 AM »

McCormick's only liberal position is that he's against Trump, that's it.
Imo he's the worst possible candidate Republicans could run. Worse than Oz.
The only reason he's adored by the establishment is cause he's rich and doesn't like Trump.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2023, 08:05:22 AM »

Rs aren't beating Bob Casey Jr no ways
wbrocks67
Atlas Star