Rasmussen in Missouri: Obama 47%, Romney 46% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:40:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen in Missouri: Obama 47%, Romney 46% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen in Missouri: Obama 47%, Romney 46%  (Read 2442 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 24, 2012, 10:52:07 AM »

lol

So yeah, I wouldn't completely trust anything that PPP or Rasmussen have done in Missouri lately, obviously. I will just note that this poll is a lot closer to other recent polls out of Missouri than the PPP one though.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 11:36:23 AM »

Yes, this is not believable at all. Definitely a junk poll.. either Rasmussen is trying to look less partisan or something was seriously wrong with their sample. Comfortably lean Romney.

I'm not saying that this is a legitimate poll but SUSA and others have basically shown the same thing as Rasmussen here.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 12:45:54 PM »

I will just note that this poll is a lot closer to other recent polls out of Missouri than the PPP one though.

Err, not really:

The last poll to show Obama ahead was PPP in May, and SurveyUSA is the only 1 other than today's Ras to show it a 1 pt race in a while. As you can see, Romney's had strong leads before on Ras, Mason-Dixon, and WeAskAmerica.

Nope, there is actually another extremely recent poll (the most recent other than this and the PPP poll) showing it as a one point race. There's actually a thread about it on this board.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/102750406/MO-Sen-MO-Gov-Chilenski-Strategies-for-Missouri-Scout-Aug-2012

Unfortunately, RCP has a tendency to pick and choose which polls to include in their averages, rendering them not all that useful.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies