Was Hillary Clinton a victim of sexism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:14:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Was Hillary Clinton a victim of sexism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Was Hillary Clinton a victim of sexism  (Read 99575 times)
SInNYC

« on: April 07, 2019, 09:15:55 AM »

It did matter in Michigan where many Muslims (which make up perhaps 3-4% of the vote) didn't turn out for Hillary--enough to tip the state to Trump.  Perhaps a lower than expected support from male Hispanics may have played a role, but I don't think it affected the outcome in any state.

But yet the two Moslem reps in Congress are both female. And both won in districts that have large  Moslem populations, more so for Tlaib's district.  If Moslems of Arab or African origin didnt vote for Hillary (I dont know whether or not thats true), I suspect it was more because of her eagerness for war in the middle east.

SInNYC

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 09:17:42 AM »

Here's a question: if Biden wins in 2020 (primary and general) will you guys admit Hillary was a victim of sexism? This question is mainly targeted at Sanders supporters.

How the heck would that prove anything? By just about every single source, Biden was consistently to Hillary's left during Obama's presidency (especially on foreign policy), which *should* make him less objectionable to Sanders supporters.

And there's also the fact that Hillary's campaign assumed they would win and was perceived as saying 'we dont need your vote anyway'. People aren't going to assume a Trump loss this time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies