Would you support a constitutional amendment limiting presidents to one term? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:14:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would you support a constitutional amendment limiting presidents to one term? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you support a constitutional amendment limiting presidents to one term?
(R) Yes

(R) No

(D) Yes

(D) No

(O) Yes

(O) No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Would you support a constitutional amendment limiting presidents to one term?  (Read 2498 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 29, 2006, 11:15:08 PM »

I think people should have the right to vote for whomever it is they want to vote for.  I oppose any term limits.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 11:45:13 PM »

I think people should have the right to vote for whomever it is they want to vote for.  I oppose any term limits.

Why?

Because I do not think that obstructing government is the way to reduce government.  It seems backhanded.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 11:52:21 PM »

Why?

Because I do not think that obstructing government is the way to reduce government.  It seems backhanded.

What do you think the separation of powers is for?

I'll say that your knowledge in this area kicks the crap out of my knowledge, but I would assume the primary justification for seperation of powers is to prevent corruption.  On the other hand, not everyone agrees that government size should be reduced.

Feel free to call me an idiot, since I really should know more about this stuff.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 07:43:54 PM »

Philip, alternatively this would mean presidents would be able to do whatever they want without fear of re-election.  Imagine a liberal Democrat with a strongly Democratic senate.  Do you trust the American public that much?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies