Kennedy retires, Roe is overruled then what? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:10:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kennedy retires, Roe is overruled then what? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Where do we go?
Abortion goes the way SSM goes. There becomes universal acceptance of personhood laws or at least personhood-lite because people who were once only personally against abortion see there is no "laws against laws".

Things will just automatically reset in 1972. States that have left their bans in place will continue to do so and states that have repealed will keep them repealed. It will be illegal in most states, but will slowly be liberalized.

It will be really bad for everyone at first, but most states voting for Hillary will follow Roe, most Trump states will keep the ban, and maybe some Obama-Trump states will have it dealt with on a case by case basis. We will have a map, like we do with Ri

Same as above, but abortion will be litigated in elections and legislative sessions again and again for years, if not decades, in many places.

Eventually most places will push to the center and become "Pro-Voice" where abortion will be decided on a case by case basis.

Eventually Roe soon gets replaced as soon as we get a D trifecta back, even if its only for the first couple a weeks the pregnancy is discovered or should have been discovered.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: Kennedy retires, Roe is overruled then what?  (Read 2662 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 25, 2017, 09:53:00 AM »

I expect the worst leader in American history to be more concerned with economic stances than with sex.

We will see  an intensification of political division. We will see unrest appear in ways that make the 1960s look placid. Opposition to the Trump regime will become increasingly loud, reckless, and ruthless. On the other side, expect the Right to become even more resolute in its punitive treatment of anyone who gets in the way.

I see even more destruction of liberal assumptions, like laws that states enact to outlaw labor unions. A Trump Court will stand behind the 'freedom' of economic elites to refuse to deal with labor unions. Remember that is in any inhuman, right-wing regime, no human suffering is in perceived excess so long as it promotes profit. Profit is sacred and even God must defer to the real god of a plutocracy, Mammon, who requires human sacrifices for satiation.

Human sacrifices in the sense of a priest sacrificing a child as a burnt offering to Mammon? No -- poor people dying because a few dollars in profit are more precious than any poor person. Such is the human sacrifice.

I can say this -- I have no desire to live in a second term of Donald Judas Trump as President. If I cannot emigrate from such an infernal nightmare, I want to die. Life is precious for what one can enjoy and not in its own right.     
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies