Kennedy retires, Roe is overruled then what? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:54:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kennedy retires, Roe is overruled then what? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Where do we go?
Abortion goes the way SSM goes. There becomes universal acceptance of personhood laws or at least personhood-lite because people who were once only personally against abortion see there is no "laws against laws".

Things will just automatically reset in 1972. States that have left their bans in place will continue to do so and states that have repealed will keep them repealed. It will be illegal in most states, but will slowly be liberalized.

It will be really bad for everyone at first, but most states voting for Hillary will follow Roe, most Trump states will keep the ban, and maybe some Obama-Trump states will have it dealt with on a case by case basis. We will have a map, like we do with Ri

Same as above, but abortion will be litigated in elections and legislative sessions again and again for years, if not decades, in many places.

Eventually most places will push to the center and become "Pro-Voice" where abortion will be decided on a case by case basis.

Eventually Roe soon gets replaced as soon as we get a D trifecta back, even if its only for the first couple a weeks the pregnancy is discovered or should have been discovered.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: Kennedy retires, Roe is overruled then what?  (Read 2665 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: June 25, 2017, 10:16:15 AM »

If you want to lose an entire generation of elections, strike it down
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 08:54:10 PM »

Sorry, but if you think the GOP leadership in Washington gives a flying  about overturning Roe, then you're delusional. They just use abortion (just like Democrats do) to rally voters to their side, but they will never overturn it because they're scared of the electoral consequences of doing so. It's much easier to perpetually give lip service to those people instead.

This. Roe will never be overturned, and it's actually pretty disgusting how the GOP is exploiting this issue for political reasons.

I will be heartbroken if I die without seeing the end of Roe, so I have to believe that y'all are wrong here!
Trust me, it's far worse for your cause if Roe gets overturned. If Roe never happened, abortion may not be a political issue today and perhaps would be legal nationwide.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies