Opinion of Chick Tracts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:06:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Chick Tracts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: You know what to do...
Positive

Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Opinion of Chick Tracts  (Read 13728 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: April 20, 2006, 09:14:46 AM »

Positive, they're f'ucking hilarious. Always good for a laugh.

Thank you for finally saying something intelligent.  I actually like them and have a positive opinion of them and every time I see someone in a subway station, shopping mall, or freeway rest area giving them out I take as many as they'll give me and read it cover to cover.  My favorite one is "Big Daddy?" with the ape-man wearing a mortarboard on the front cover.  Most of my colleagues bitch and moan about them.  I guess either they have weak senses of humor, or you and I are warped.  Either way, I like them very much as well.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 05:31:43 PM »

The Nazis were kind of funny too.

While there may have been some funny Nazis (though I can't think of any), Colonel Klink was neither funny nor a Nazi.  (You may be thinking of Major Hochstetter, who was also not funny imho, but he was a Nazi.)  Klink was, however, a German.  His real name is Werner Klemperer, and he was born in Köln, Germany in 1920.  I think he may have been the only bona fide German hired by that program's producers to play in the show.  Now, Klemperer's 1968 appearance on Rowan&Martin's "Laugh In" was very funny!  And his cameo on the Simpson's ("Last Temptation of Homer") was mildly amusing as well.

The more you know...
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 10:01:17 PM »

Fear is quite a converter, look at the Great Revival.

Your god approves of the use of fear tactics? Seems rather tyrannical to me.

fear tactics?  tyrannical?  these guys need to learn a thing or two.  Consider former Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Sa'id Al-Sahaf's admonition:  "God will roast your stomachs in hell!"  Or better yet, consider that poor Paki bastard who faces execution for conversion.  Conversion between roughly equivalent monotheistic religions, yet!  Or what about Akhenaten, the heretic King of the ancient New Kingdom of Egypt, who changed his name from Amenhotep the Fourth to Akhenaten when he decided that Aten was a better god than Ra.  What a choad.  Of course he alienated and reviled the aristocracy and the preists, who promptly went back to Ra when he "accidentally" died from hanging around too much with that bitch of a wife, Nefertiti.  We all know it was Ra who inspired Nefertiti to cause Akenaten's "accident"  There's a god you can respect.  And didn't Athena spring forth from her mother's womb fully armed?  Now that's every male god's hard-on I'd have to image.  She can bring home the celestial bacon and fry it up in a pantheon.  What a sexy goddess.  It's like Statesrights old signature with Ann coulter in neofascist black leather with a riding crop.  But Athena's better, she's a dominatrix and a god!  Boing!  But my favorite god has to be Tonatiuh.  That bastard lives for human flesh.  Ever noticed those claws on the side of the central figure on the sun stone?  (The so-called Aztec Calendar?)  Of course, Tonatiuh was no match for Cortez, not really a god but rather only a man, but still one who inspired fear on par with any god.  These modern gods--even those whose minions claim that their patrons will roast your stomachs in hell--are really very sensitive and politically correct gods  compared to the pantheon of gods that have existed over the millenia. 

Still, John, we're getting a little off-tract (if you'll pardon the jeu de mots).  You don't judge religious art by the amount of Political Correctness exhibited by the mythological beings contained therein.  You judge it on the same merit you'd judge any other literature or art.  Art that serves a purpose is deemed so useful, in fact, that governments worldwide have funded art since the dawn of civilization, and ours is no different.  For me, that particular brand of art, the Chicks Tract, serves a wonderful purpose for my soul:  it makes me laugh.  And therefore I maintain a positive opinion of the Chicks Tract. 

Keep an open mind, John.  Any self-respecting Libertarian should be far too enlightened to buy into the groupthink that demands disdain for Chicks Tracts. 

And smile once in a while.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies