FL-Gov 2026: Moskowitz vs. Gaetz (Trump midterm) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:37:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-Gov 2026: Moskowitz vs. Gaetz (Trump midterm) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Jared Moskowitz (D)

Matt Gaetz (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: FL-Gov 2026: Moskowitz vs. Gaetz (Trump midterm)  (Read 3726 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: January 02, 2024, 08:49:36 PM »

Moskowitz would win this one, as much as I like Gaetz. Moskowitz is the best candidate the Democrats can hope for, because he's the only one who could stop Matt Gaetz.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 10:45:12 PM »

Moskowitz would win this one, as much as I like Gaetz. Moskowitz is the best candidate the Democrats can hope for, because he's the only one who could stop Matt Gaetz.

That seems to be against the conventional wisdom of most posters here across the ideological spectrum. Still, you know Florida politics. Care to elaborate?
Moskowitz, like DeSantis, was an effective administrator, but unlike DeSantis, Moskowitz has some charisma. While Florida is drifting far enough in the right direction for Gaetz to likely be our next Governor, he's not unbeatable. His controversies (the bogus sex trafficking thing, his role in the chaos in the House of Representatives, his association with MTG and Trump) will come forward if he's the nominee, and Moskowitz is the only Democrat who can attack him on these and not sound like some broken MSNBC record.

Gaetz could still beat Moskowitz, but the race would be ugly and close, and whoever wins will come out as a polarizing figure. I'm hoping Moskowitz goes for Senate in 2028 rather than Governor in 2026, because he's the only decent candidate the Democrats have.

Moskowitz and Gaetz are friendly, IIRC, and there's a chance they can have a gentleman's agreement and keep the campaign focused on the issues. If that's the case, Gaetz will win, but if Moskowitz goes aggressive and continues to pitch himself as he is now, than he will be competitive.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 11:46:38 AM »

No he doesn't. Quit trying to make Matt Gaetz's pedophile scandal happen. It's not happening. This guy has so many enemies in Tallahassee, much less Washington, that he'd long be in jail if he did anything remotely close to illegal.

Matt Gaetz doesn't have a pedophile problem. Matt Gaetz has a Matt Gaetz problem. But I still think he can overcome and win.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 05:53:19 PM »

Moskowitz is the strongest possible D candidate and Gaetz the weakest possible R candidate.
I think Moskowitz would win.

Moskowitz can win. I still don't know if he will, but he's certainly the strongest Democrat to come around in a good while.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies