TX - Texas Lyceum: Castro +4, Cruz/O'Rourle Tied (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 01:10:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  TX - Texas Lyceum: Castro +4, Cruz/O'Rourle Tied (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX - Texas Lyceum: Castro +4, Cruz/O'Rourle Tied  (Read 12163 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« on: July 11, 2017, 08:56:26 AM »
« edited: July 11, 2017, 08:59:05 AM by Jimmie »

I mean if Democrats are going to break through statewide in Texas it would have to be a high profile race like Senate or Governor.  If it is going to be in 2018 it would have to be the US Senate contest. Sorry but I do not see Greg Abbott in the slightest bit of danger.

Thing about Texas is that there are no high profile Democrats who are well known outside their bases and those down ballot offices in Texas get very little media attention. Texas also elects just about every statewide officer imaginable. Particularly for the lower ballot offices the voters will vote Republican by default.

I am not predicting Cruz will be defeated in November 2018 but if he is defeated in the primary I could imagine this race could get within single digits very quickly.

Edit: it seems Texas may have had the longest streak without electing a Democrat to any statewide office and 1994 was the last time. Utah elected a Democrat as Attorney General in 1996 and Idaho elected Democratic Superintendents of Public Instruction in the 90s and 2000s.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies