Feb. 9th primaries & caucuses--Dem. results thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:43:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Feb. 9th primaries & caucuses--Dem. results thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feb. 9th primaries & caucuses--Dem. results thread  (Read 18854 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« on: February 09, 2008, 12:52:05 PM »

Washington results are supposed to be released by 5 PM EST, but don't hold your breath.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 08:31:52 PM »

Just got back from my caucus location. We had 90 there in 2004, there were 375 this time. Obama won every precinct by about a 2-1 margin. The hilarious part was the Clinton people were there before I even showed up to open the doors and set up at 11:45 AM... and then they got owned.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 08:46:36 PM »

CNN's maps results are just what they're getting from the state party. The state party has only released county data for a few places but they have released the total statewide.

So all CNN is doing is what the Democratic party is giving them Cheesy
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 08:51:21 PM »

Considering Seattle and Remond aren't even in yet, could Obama break 70%? He'll landslide both, of course, but by more than he's doing in the rural counties?

The state party just hasn't updated the jurisdiction level pages, but they are adding in King, Pierce and Snohomish. We have no idea where these results are coming from.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 10:11:37 PM »

Yea, Obama won the USVI

Garfield County has like 1200 people in total, so I wouldn't be surprised if only a couple dozen or so people caucused there.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 11:16:45 PM »

It's not the government shelling out money, it's a tax credit. From his website:

Create the American Opportunity Tax Credit: Obama will make college affordable for all Americans by creating a new American Opportunity Tax Credit. This universal and fully refundable credit will ensure that the first $4,000 of a college education is completely free for most Americans, and will cover two-thirds the cost of tuition at the average public college or university and make community college tuition completely free for most students. Obama will also ensure that the tax credit is available to families at the time of enrollment by using prior year's tax data to deliver the credit when tuition is due.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 11:26:58 PM »

I am still asking about the public service for government money thingy, but that's ok.  I'm patient.

Again, from the website:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 11:32:53 PM »

I am still asking about the public service for government money thingy, but that's ok.  I'm patient.

Again, from the website:

So, in other words, the government is bribing college kids to do public service.  Ok.  Thanks.

They're investing in their education if they invest in their community. It's a pretty simple and fair concept.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 11:40:02 PM »

Again, from the website:

So, in other words, the government is bribing college kids to do public service.  Ok.  Thanks.

They're investing in their education if they invest in their community. It's a pretty simple and fair concept.

Your language sounds more "eloquent" and lest I say more "hopeful".  But it is still the government bribing kids to do community service.

But look, if it makes you feel better, your line definitely sounds much better than mine.

"Bribing to do community service" makes it sound like the goal is community service when that isn't the goal. The goal is kids affording to go college, and in exchange they need to do community service. You're making the emphasis of the plan backwards.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 12:13:33 AM »

Thats not whats interesting about it. Notice the difference between Hillary and Barack in this projection: 26 delegates. How many delegates does John Edwards have again?

Now THAT would be hillarious.

The superdelegates would have to split evenly as well of course
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 12:57:50 AM »

Oh, and Rhode Island Attorney General Patrick Lynch has endorsed Obama.

Well that's that then. Clinton should just drop out really. Game over, Obama wins.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies