For Secular liberal white people, (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:34:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  For Secular liberal white people, (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: For Secular liberal white people,  (Read 1185 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: December 30, 2020, 12:11:34 PM »

Not only is it their version of Original Sin, it's their version of Total Depravity, where those found guilty of racism, whether living or dead, are judged to have no redeeming qualities and subject to any punishment imaginable (see the girl who was recently denied admission to college because she said a bad word).

That's not what total depravity means.

Close enough.

No. The Reformers did not teach total depravity to mean that. The Canons of Dort are the Reformed standard that teach the doctrine in the most detail, so I will use that as my example:

Quote from: The Canons of Dort, Chapter 3 "Of the Corruption of Man, His Conversion to God, and the Manner Thereof". Articles 3-4

Article 3
Therefore all men are conceived in sin, and by nature children of wrath, incapable of saving good, prone to evil, dead in sin, and in bondage thereto, and without the regenerating grace of the Holy Spirit, they are neither able nor willing to return to God, to reform the depravity of their nature, nor to dispose themselves to reformation.

Article 4
There remain, however, in man since the fall, the glimmerings of natural light, whereby he retains some knowledge of God, of natural things, and of the differences between good and evil, and discovers some regard for virtue, good order in society, and for maintaining an orderly external deportment. But so far is this light of nature from being sufficient to bring him to a saving knowledge of God, and to true conversion, that he is incapable of using it aright even in things natural and civil. Nay further, this light, such as it is, man in various ways renders wholly polluted, and holds it in unrighteousness, by doing which he becomes inexcusable before God.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 01:35:57 PM »

I mean yeah I suppose if you find owning silly strawmen humourous, it was kind of funny I guess.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies