Rasmussen: Cantwell(D) above 50% against McGavick(R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:33:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Cantwell(D) above 50% against McGavick(R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Cantwell(D) above 50% against McGavick(R)  (Read 6995 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 08, 2006, 03:56:03 PM »

Hmm didn't Ras. usually have this one really close? I guess we don't have to spend a huge amount of time worrying about this one any more although its still worth keeping an eye on.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 04:31:23 PM »

No, the last poll he took had Cantwell ahead by 11 pts, it was SV that had it unusally close.

Yeah but I'm pretty sure Ras. had it close for a while.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 09:25:57 PM »

If you take the average of Cantwell's polls and Corker's polls it equals 5-6 pts recently.

I'm pretty sure thats not true.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 11:05:50 PM »

The Zogby polls were conducted on Aug 28. And it had Cantwell up by 7 or 8 pts. No, this isn't a Zogby poll but I put stock in the Zogby polls better than Rasmussen who has been all over the map all year long with its irregular polling.

Zogby is terrible. Rasmussen is pretty good. Just look at the polling during the 2004 elections.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 02:37:34 AM »

Because she is very pro-war and WA the war isn't that popular. In WA Bush approvals are negative. That's why I think it will be very close at the end. Also, there are independents on the ticket, and just like Ralph Nader syphened votes away from Kerry and Gore, they are going to take away some support from her, and it will end up being a close race.

Whats the alternative though? McGavick is even more pro war. Now if McGavick was anti-war we would have a really interesting campaign on our hands.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies