OK, what happened in Maryland??? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:40:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OK, what happened in Maryland??? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OK, what happened in Maryland???  (Read 9576 times)
anarchy2day
Rookie

« on: November 05, 2014, 12:25:34 AM »

Seeiously...was not expecting that at all.

Barack Obama visiting and campaigning side-by-side with Brown.

Anywhere that Barack Obama went to campaign for Democrats, they've lost.

I'm sorry to tell those of you that are here who are Democrats but Obama is a political cyanide pill for your political party.  Your party has chosen to swallow that pill willingly and it's come back to haunt you more than you'll ever realize.

If it was just a political difference between Democratic candidates and Republican ones, this wouldn't have occurred.  Obama uttered the ultimate sin for an widely unpopular president when he espoused that HE wasn't on the ballot but that HIS policies were.  That moment, that singular moment, was the kiss of death for the Democrats this election.

Satan could have run as a Republican against Jesus Christ as a Democrat and the country would have chosen Satan.  If you can't see it, I can't help you at all.

I was told just days ago that Obama was widely popular in Maryland and that Obama's campaign stops with Brown wouldn't hurt him.  I'm tell you - it spelled Brown's doom.  The race was over the moment Brown was seen standing in unity by Obama's side.

Mull on that over the next two years.

I haven't even seen the final results yet in the Connecticut race for governor yet, but I would not be surprised at all to see Republicans take it too.
anarchy2day
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:28:17 AM »

I'm completely shocked. I don't even know what to say.

I do.  How's this?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

*laughing at proto-Marxist Democrats*
anarchy2day
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 12:33:21 AM »

You keep believing that and it'll be worse yet in two years time for Democrats.

If the Democrats select Elizabeth Warren or Hillary Clinton, they'll get pummeled in 2016.  It won't matter who the GOP selects to run.  They could throw up the corpses that are Bob Dole & Juan McCain and win handily.
anarchy2day
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 07:12:07 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2014, 07:54:45 AM by anarchy2day »

You keep believing that and it'll be worse yet in two years time for Democrats.

If the Democrats select Elizabeth Warren or Hillary Clinton, they'll get pummeled in 2016.  It won't matter who the GOP selects to run.  They could throw up the corpses that are Bob Dole & Juan McCain and win handily.

I'm sure you were this confident after 2010 as well. How did that turn out again?

And you probably believed that she was a shoe-in in 2008, right?

As for me, I did have confidence that the world had righted itself after 2010, but this isn't 2010.  We've had 4 more years of buffoonery from this president and your beloved Hillary was an integral part of it.

But I digress and will part with this blurb from someone famous.  What difference does it make?
anarchy2day
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 07:16:10 AM »

Seeiously...was not expecting that at all.

I'm sorry to tell those of you that are here who are Democrats but Obama is a political cyanide pill for your political party.  Your party has chosen to swallow that pill willingly and it's come back to haunt you more than you'll ever realize.

If it was just a political difference between Democratic candidates and Republican ones, this wouldn't have occurred.  Obama uttered the ultimate sin for an widely unpopular president when he espoused that HE wasn't on the ballot but that HIS policies were.  That moment, that singular moment, was the kiss of death for the Democrats this election.

Satan could have run as a Republican against Jesus Christ as a Democrat and the country would have chosen Satan.  If you can't see it, I can't help you at all.

I was told just days ago that Obama was widely popular in Maryland and that Obama's campaign stops with Brown wouldn't hurt him.  I'm tell you - it spelled Brown's doom.  The race was over the moment Brown was seen standing in unity by Obama's side.

Mull on that over the next two years.

I haven't even seen the final results yet in the Connecticut race for governor yet, but I would not be surprised at all to see Republicans take it too.

Obviously Obama deserves some of his disfavorables thanks to his general mediocrity, but the right-wing noise machine would have driven down any Democratic President's approvals.

Tyrants are never popular with the peasantry.

We'll see if the tyranny that has metastasized in the form of Obama (with jesters Reid & Pelosi) will moderate themselves and become sane again.  Personally, I'm not expecting it.
anarchy2day
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 07:57:35 AM »

Not in Connecticut.

Fair enough.  Obama did go there, didn't he?  Okay, to paraphrase a Meatloaf tune, 4 out of 5 ain't bad.
anarchy2day
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 07:59:23 AM »

For reference, in 2010, O'Malley won with 1,045k votes; Ehrlich had 776k.  This year, Hogan won with 847k votes, while Brown had 771k.  Brown just did not turn out the big Democratic areas.

Voters punished Democrats because of Obama.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies