KY (Mason-Dixon): McConnell +9 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:47:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  KY (Mason-Dixon): McConnell +9 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY (Mason-Dixon): McConnell +9  (Read 2427 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« on: October 21, 2020, 04:39:11 PM »

I think that Charles Booker, Rocky Adkins, or Steve Beshear could have narrowly defeat Mitch McConnell this year. Kentucky (much like Texas and maybe North Carolina) is another state where the Democrats messed on candidate vetting this year.

Agree on the last two, but not the first.  Whatever far-left support Booker might generate in Louisville/Lexington would get swamped out by the rest of the state and Mitch would coast to an easy win without having to do much.  Running on the Green New Deal in Eastern KY would be too easy for Mitch to blast in ads, for example.  And Booker only won like 5 counties against McGrath in the primary and didn't win the big ones by extraordinary margins.

I've said for a long time that a New Deal Democrat can win in Kentucky but someone of the Bernie/AOC variety is not going to have a prayer unless they are running in Louisville's Congressional District.  Adkins would've been a great nominee for Dems to run and I think they should look at putting him up in 2022 versus Rand Paul.  But I don't know if Adkins pro-life positions would get through a primary.

I will say this about Mitch:  A lot of voters never like him until about a month out from the election and then they decide to vote for him after considering his challengers.  He closes well.

Agree with all of this.

I still really wish Adkins had run.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies