NRA Membership surges by 100,000 since Sandy Hook (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:25:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NRA Membership surges by 100,000 since Sandy Hook (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NRA Membership surges by 100,000 since Sandy Hook  (Read 3400 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 10, 2013, 08:13:42 PM »

Do NRA members commit a lot of violence related gun crimes?  Otherwise I'm not seeing the outrage here.  Unless this is just the usual recreational outrage from the Recreational Outrage Division, in which case, feel free to ignore.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 04:36:03 AM »

Do NRA members commit a lot of violence related gun crimes?  Otherwise I'm not seeing the outrage here.  Unless this is just the usual recreational outrage from the Recreational Outrage Division, in which case, feel free to ignore.
Recreational outrage confirmed.  When you guys are serious can you let the rest of us know?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 04:57:05 AM »

If your goal is to reduce gun violence, I think asking if NRA members are often involved in violent gun crimes isn't a dumb question.  You can see it differently if you want, but to me it just looks like you guys don't actually want to discuss the issue, you just want to feel smug.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 05:30:28 AM »

Whether the NRA members are violent themselves is irrelevant, they actively support an organization that lobbies for policies that make gun violence easier and more common.
....and you guys advocate for policy that won't stop crime but will restrict freedoms of non-bad guys that have a hobby you don't like.

Actually I don't know what policy you two support because the only recent threads on actual policy you guys (just like most on your side of the issue) were eerily quiet.  Well Franzl had a few "joke" type comments in one of them, but certainly nothing regarding the actual policy.  This isn't suprising to me as this isn't my first rodeo.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 05:48:43 AM »

The policy you want to implement?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 05:57:25 AM »

eegads man....the fear is stong with this one

Ok, how's about something you think might actually have a change at getting passed?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 07:11:54 AM »

There are many policy proposals floating out there (banning high capacity magazines,
We have a new thread on the subject,  join us.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Depending on how it's worded, yeah, that can be part of the compromise.
Have they been failing us?
Of all guns, or just the "scary" kind?

I'd suggest increasing the punishments for straw purchases too as that's where a TON of illegal guns come from.  If you make the bad guy's sister think she might go to jail for a decade for supplying her sh**t ass brother with a new Glock maybe she won't be so quick to go to the gun store for him.
I don't even like the NRA that much as they tend to be loud, stupid, shortsighted and not willing to compromise at all (sound familiar?).  In other shocking developments, I don't own a gun either (no obvious need, expensive hobby, kids in the house).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies