Trump approval ratings thread 1.2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:40:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 78
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.2  (Read 184447 times)
henster
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: November 03, 2017, 06:05:00 PM »

I think as long as the economy continues to hum along reluctant folks are just going to keep approving and tune everything out as typical DC stuff. What reason does his base have to turn on him at this point? Most of them think the Russia stuff is BS anyways, as long as they have a job or that SSI check they will remain complacent.
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #251 on: November 04, 2017, 06:03:58 AM »

Donald Trump is in a very bad polling place
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/03/politics/trump-polling/index.html

How Low Can Trump Go?
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/11/donald_trump_is_even_more_unpopular_than_you_think.html
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #252 on: November 04, 2017, 07:03:43 AM »

Probably.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #253 on: November 04, 2017, 07:16:08 AM »

Likely. They want the US and the West to be as tough as possible at all muslims to recruite more terrorists. Their goal has always been to turn the whole western against the whole muslim world.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #254 on: November 04, 2017, 07:43:38 AM »

That is completely implausible given all the national poll results and where Virginia voted in 2016.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #255 on: November 04, 2017, 12:19:40 PM »

Gallup (November 3rd)

Approve 39% (nc)
Disapprove 56% (-1)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #256 on: November 04, 2017, 02:47:58 PM »

Vile and cynical as this regime is, I can almost predict that there will be staged events suggesting a terrorist threat or outright terrorism, just before the elections of next year and 2020. This regime has an agenda, basically mirror-image Marxism that endorses the horrors that Marx attributes to capitalism at its worst, to wit that 95% of the people must suffer for the gain, indulgence, and power of about 2% of the people.

I tremble as I think of what America has become in a mere ten months.
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #257 on: November 04, 2017, 04:49:23 PM »

Ipsos

Approve: 35%
Disapprove: 61%

http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/CP3_2/
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #258 on: November 04, 2017, 11:07:02 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2017, 11:08:54 PM by Brittain33 »

WaPo/ABC (vs. Sept.)

Approve: 37% (-2) (strong: 25%)
Disapprove: 59% (+2) (strong: 50%)

He was at 36% approval in July, but this is a new high for disapproval. Needless to say, this is the worst result of any president in his first year in history.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/year-surprise-election-65-percent-trumps-achieved-poll/story?id=50907926
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #259 on: November 05, 2017, 09:38:11 AM »

WaPo/ABC (vs. Sept.)

He was at 36% approval in July, but this is a new high for disapproval. Needless to say, this is the worst result of any president in his first year in history.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/year-surprise-election-65-percent-trumps-achieved-poll/story?id=50907926

Because we are ruled by someone who needs his add kicked. If he wins again, a lot of people need an add whooping.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2017, 11:07:17 AM »

Likely. They want the US and the West to be as tough as possible at all muslims to recruite more terrorists. Their goal has always been to turn the whole western against the whole muslim world.

Didn't Bin Laden actually flat out say that at some point before he went underground? (Or into Pakistani custody, whichever.) And W gave it to him, and Trump is tripling down.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #261 on: November 05, 2017, 11:12:54 AM »

WaPo/ABC (vs. Sept.)

I have said it before, but it is amazing how Trump's has such **** numbers with this economy. His first year in office should have been the easiest first year of any President since HW in 1988. A normal GOP president, even without passing anything, would be at 50-55% just based on the economy alone.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #262 on: November 05, 2017, 11:33:00 AM »

WaPo/ABC (vs. Sept.)

Because we are ruled by someone who needs his add kicked. If he wins again, a lot of people need an add whooping.

Is add whooping something for mathochists?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #263 on: November 05, 2017, 12:20:25 PM »

WaPo/ABC (vs. Sept.)

Wow...strongly disapprove @ 50%. That's the highest I've seen yet.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #264 on: November 05, 2017, 01:03:41 PM »

Gallup (November 4th)

Approve 37% (-2)
Disapprove 57% (+1)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #265 on: November 05, 2017, 01:04:46 PM »

Gallup (November 4th)

Approve 37% (-2)
Disapprove 57% (+1)

Good! Now things are headed back to America-like levels.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #266 on: November 05, 2017, 01:18:26 PM »

No I'd say it hurt him but only during the small time period where the news was completely dominated by it. It really does seem like Trump has hit his floor (35 - 38%), which may or may not be temporary. At this point the only thing that could allow it to stabilize at a number in the low 30s (or lower) might be time, in the sense that years go by and nothing gets done and his supporters continue to see no movement on issues Trump promised to solve, and/or passing very unpopular policies that even he can't defend.
I think the indictments definitely helped considering they had nothing to do with Trump or any actions done during the campaign.

Even if Trump support stabilizes in the high 30s, he is in deep trouble. His unpopularity is not due to some reversible bad luck such as military reverses that can themselves be reversed or an economic downturn that can come to an end with a solid recovery. He got elected with about the same level of support as Dukakis in 1988 or McCain in 2008, except  that those two lost. He has done nothing to win over support from people who did not vote for him. He inculcates fear and loathing. He is the butt of bad jokes like Gerald R. Ford -- except that the jokes about Ford were about clumsiness (now that we know about the football injuries, we understand the hooks and slices on the golf course and the stumbling incidents). Still, Ford had the reputation of a nice guy , as he never let the power get to his head. Ford came close to getting re-elected. John F. Kennedy, like Trump, also got elected by a narrow margin in the Electoral College -- but he started winning over people who voted for Nixon. It helped that he did not disparage his predecessor and his opponent. Donald Trump is as full of himself as any pathological narcissist, and that is not good for winning people over.

So when things are sort-of-OK, approval ratings for him are in the 30s. Obama was doing better when the economy was in a shaky recovery and the mess that he inherited from Dubya had no obvious exit. Maybe Obama is a far nicer person. Maybe it helps that he made gestures to the Other Side of the political debate.  Maybe it helps that he has a family life that fits in in the most conservative standards of 'family values'. Maybe it helps that the only scandal involving him is the contrived scandal about where he was born.

....The indictments might have some help among the circle-the-wagons crowd, but just remember: people do not commit perjury for the fun of it or for immediate gain. People perjure themselves to protect previous wrongdoing. This wrongdoing is not about having an affair or an illegitimate child (generally not a criminal  offense) or about some binge that occurred at a time in which the effects would no longer have consequences due to the statute of limitations.    

Paul Man-O'-Fraud is one nasty piece of work, someone who has aided dictatorial, corrupt regimes in oppressing their peoples.  He aided a dictator in looting his country.

If I had been in position to win the Presidency I would stay clear of someone like Manafort. I do not like being involved with crooks and liars. I recognize them for the harm that they can do both to my credibility (without which I could not even hold a job long) and people to whom I have responsibility as an elected official.

And just look at the "strongly disapprove" category. 50%.  That will make a mess of canvassing efforts in any re-election bid. At this point I look at the prospects for the re-election of President Trump, and all I can see is "must cheat to win". Now ask yourself what sort of America would it be if the President got re-elected with intimidation or rigged voting?

Teaching English in some Third World country would be far more attractive than ending up in a labor camp or a torture chamber.  
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #267 on: November 05, 2017, 05:09:29 PM »

Gallup (November 4th)

Approve 37% (-2)
Disapprove 57% (+1)

"The indictments actually HELPED him???"
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #268 on: November 05, 2017, 06:28:02 PM »

Love people ITT looking for meaning in the random walk of a daily tracking poll
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #269 on: November 06, 2017, 12:04:37 AM »

Love people ITT looking for meaning in the random walk of a daily tracking poll

I know enough to not do so except in the wake of an event,  and to not predict the effect of an event. I made an exception for the whacking of Osama bin Laden, but that is understandable.

"Random" implies the absence of obvious cause.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #270 on: November 06, 2017, 01:03:02 PM »

Gallup

Approve 37% (+-0)
Disapprove 57% (+-0)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #271 on: November 06, 2017, 06:17:54 PM »

CNN (change from last month)

Approve 36 (-1)  Strongly 25 (nc)
Disapprove 58 (+1)  Strongly 48 (+1)

American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #272 on: November 07, 2017, 07:53:54 AM »

No I'd say it hurt him but only during the small time period where the news was completely dominated by it. It really does seem like Trump has hit his floor (35 - 38%), which may or may not be temporary. At this point the only thing that could allow it to stabilize at a number in the low 30s (or lower) might be time, in the sense that years go by and nothing gets done and his supporters continue to see no movement on issues Trump promised to solve, and/or passing very unpopular policies that even he can't defend.
I think the indictments definitely helped considering they had nothing to do with Trump or any actions done during the campaign.

Even if Trump support stabilizes in the high 30s, he is in deep trouble. His unpopularity is not due to some reversible bad luck such as military reverses that can themselves be reversed or an economic downturn that can come to an end with a solid recovery. He got elected with about the same level of support as Dukakis in 1988 or McCain in 2008, except  that those two lost. He has done nothing to win over support from people who did not vote for him. He inculcates fear and loathing. He is the butt of bad jokes like Gerald R. Ford -- except that the jokes about Ford were about clumsiness (now that we know about the football injuries, we understand the hooks and slices on the golf course and the stumbling incidents). Still, Ford had the reputation of a nice guy , as he never let the power get to his head. Ford came close to getting re-elected. John F. Kennedy, like Trump, also got elected by a narrow margin in the Electoral College -- but he started winning over people who voted for Nixon. It helped that he did not disparage his predecessor and his opponent. Donald Trump is as full of himself as any pathological narcissist, and that is not good for winning people over.

So when things are sort-of-OK, approval ratings for him are in the 30s. Obama was doing better when the economy was in a shaky recovery and the mess that he inherited from Dubya had no obvious exit. Maybe Obama is a far nicer person. Maybe it helps that he made gestures to the Other Side of the political debate.  Maybe it helps that he has a family life that fits in in the most conservative standards of 'family values'. Maybe it helps that the only scandal involving him is the contrived scandal about where he was born.

....The indictments might have some help among the circle-the-wagons crowd, but just remember: people do not commit perjury for the fun of it or for immediate gain. People perjure themselves to protect previous wrongdoing. This wrongdoing is not about having an affair or an illegitimate child (generally not a criminal  offense) or about some binge that occurred at a time in which the effects would no longer have consequences due to the statute of limitations.     

Paul Man-O'-Fraud is one nasty piece of work, someone who has aided dictatorial, corrupt regimes in oppressing their peoples.  He aided a dictator in looting his country.

If I had been in position to win the Presidency I would stay clear of someone like Manafort. I do not like being involved with crooks and liars. I recognize them for the harm that they can do both to my credibility (without which I could not even hold a job long) and people to whom I have responsibility as an elected official.

And just look at the "strongly disapprove" category. 50%.  That will make a mess of canvassing efforts in any re-election bid. At this point I look at the prospects for the re-election of President Trump, and all I can see is "must cheat to win". Now ask yourself what sort of America would it be if the President got re-elected with intimidation or rigged voting?

Teaching English in some Third World country would be far more attractive than ending up in a labor camp or a torture chamber. 

Furthermore he's losing support in the following places:
  • Independents
  • Non-college educated whites
  • Non-whites

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/politics/trump-approval/index.html
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #273 on: November 07, 2017, 09:09:33 AM »

NBC/WSJ poll of 438 "Trump counties" that either flipped from D to R in 2016 or saw a significant surge to Trump.  Overall, he won these counties 57%-37%.

32% say the country is better off since Trump became President.  41% say it's worse off.

Trump's approval in these counties is 48/50.  In a similar poll in July, it was 50/46. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Other favorability ratings in these counties:

Barack Obama 48/37
Bernie Sanders 42/31
Hillary Clinton 23/60
Nancy Pelosi 16/44
Mitch McConnell 11/35
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #274 on: November 07, 2017, 09:35:19 AM »

NBC/WSJ poll of 438 "Trump counties" that either flipped from D to R in 2016 or saw a significant surge to Trump.  Overall, he won these counties 57%-37%.

32% say the country is better off since Trump became President.  41% say it's worse off.

Trump's approval in these counties is 48/50.  In a similar poll in July, it was 50/46. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Other favorability ratings in these counties:

Barack Obama 48/37
Bernie Sanders 42/31
http://Hillary Clinton 23/60
Nancy Pelosi 16/44
Mitch McConnell 11/35

That explains alot.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies