Is the conservative movement collapsing? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:42:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is the conservative movement collapsing? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Is the conservative movement collapsing?  (Read 2244 times)
hopper
United States

« on: February 11, 2016, 02:03:28 PM »

Is Conservatism dieing? Maybe. I have seen in Gallup Polls that Moderates are gaining ground in the Republican Party and the Republican Party is losing its Conservative ID'ers if you will. Social Moderates are gaining ground in the Party while Social Conservatives are losing ground according to Gallup in a survey I saw last year.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 02:28:58 PM »

True, but the Democrats dominated those positions in the 1970s and 1980s, when liberalism was collapsing. A lot of it is just gerrymandering and geographical favoritism (e.g., more widely spread voters).

Well it is interesting because if you subscribe to political trends based on generational replacement and the views of that generation, the Republican party is about to hit a wall of losses across the board in the coming decade or two as a natural result of losing the youth vote by large margins year after year (and what appears to be another cycle of large, expected 60%+ democratic youth/Millennial vote). I think it's by 2020 that the Millennial generation is supposed to comprise 40% - 45% of the actual voter electorate, and this generation has been voting Democratic in large majorities for a long time now.

So as for as the party, they are likely to be on the decline under its current platform (just like what eventually happened to New Deal Democrats) As for the ideas itself - Millennials are out of step with the older generations on a lot things, as polls have been showing for a long time now.

So I think it's more accurate to say that the movement is running out of voters.
Well yes and no. Overall yes Millennials do disagree with older Generations on issues but withink the Democrat Party older and younger voters don't disagree on the issues that much per Pew Research.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies