What will happen to Scott Walker? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:03:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What will happen to Scott Walker? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What will happen to Scott Walker?
He will be recalled and removed from office

He will serve out his term but lose in 2014

He'll serve out his term but will not run for re-election

He will be re-elected

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: What will happen to Scott Walker?  (Read 12935 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: March 10, 2011, 02:12:28 PM »

He will probably win re-election with more votes than he received in 2010 against a weak opponent.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 02:13:10 PM »

I think Walker and Kasich (and to a lesser degree Snyder) knew that they would probably be one-termers anyway, so they are trying to ram through as extreme right-wing an agenda as possible before they are up for reelection.

Kasich I could see losing, but Walker and Snyder especially appear to be headed towards re-election.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 02:38:34 PM »

Kasich I could see losing, but Walker and Snyder especially appear to be headed towards re-election.

There is no way to project the reelection chances of a governor with 3.7 years left until election day unless there's been a horrible scandal.

Obviously I know that. Why are you directing this toward me and not the OP? This whole thread is speculative so I'm giving mine. Sheesh.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 07:56:05 PM »

I think Walker and Kasich (and to a lesser degree Snyder) knew that they would probably be one-termers anyway, so they are trying to ram through as extreme right-wing an agenda as possible before they are up for reelection.

Ohio governors have historically been re-elected.

I'm sure Ted Strickland is a good example of this.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 10:38:34 AM »

I'd say there's probably only about a 25% chance he'll get recalled, but the Unions and state democratic party will put everything they have into it. If he doesn't get recalled, he'll very likely lose in 2014: I don't think he cares about getting reelected, knows any reelection battle will be uphill, and will try to push through as much of his agenda as he can, even if he ends up taking down the state's Republican house delegation and legislative majorities with him.
Everything he's doing is meant to preserve GOP control by any means necessary.  He's trying to tear down the structure of the Democratic Party. I can't wait to see his maps. It'll be sickening.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies