Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:56:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
« previous next »
Thread note
ATTENTION: Please note that copyright rules still apply to posts in this thread. You cannot post entire articles verbatim. Please select only a couple paragraphs or snippets that highlights the point of what you are posting.

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 1170
Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread  (Read 915406 times)
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: February 24, 2022, 02:05:19 AM »

Will Ukraine be able to use its supply of Turkish drones well?

Doubt. Russia seem to bomb most military infrastructure? Imo, only guerrilla like warfare on all levels can spare Ukraine. Or, if Russians raise against Putin. But most normie Russians don't even know war has started yet. I was calling to my relatives in Belarus, and they didn't now sh*t. Took me like 10 minutes before they started to understand that there is bombings of Kiev. So both in Moscow and in Minsk I'd say 99% of people just go to work etc without knowing that it started.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1801 on: February 24, 2022, 02:05:31 AM »

Horrible.

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1802 on: February 24, 2022, 02:06:22 AM »

Will Ukraine be able to use its supply of Turkish drones well?

Likely depends upon where they are located...

If reports are correct and Russia has basically taken out all Ukranian Military Airports then where would the Command and Control centers be operating out of?

The Turkish drones are generally from my understanding more of anti-tank, APC, etc type hardware, so yeah if they are still operable might be able to slow down a potential Russian armored convoy from Belarus towards the Capital, but at the same time even if there are operational capabilities in various areas they would be a bit split between what is now an extremely large front against a much larger and developed military machine.
Yeah, I guess this further explains Russia destroying Ukrainian military airports.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1803 on: February 24, 2022, 02:08:05 AM »

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1804 on: February 24, 2022, 02:13:51 AM »

Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1805 on: February 24, 2022, 02:14:58 AM »

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1806 on: February 24, 2022, 02:16:25 AM »

Unlikely to occur, but if Georgia wanted to take back control of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, this is probably a good time to do so.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1807 on: February 24, 2022, 02:17:13 AM »

Putin also directly addressed members of the Ukrainian armed forces, calling on them to lay down their arms and refuse to take orders from their superiors in Kyiv.

He also warned anyone considering interfering with Russia’s plans of grave consequences, appearing to threaten the use of nuclear weapons.

“Whoever tries to interfere with our actions should know that the Russian response will be immediate and will lead to the kind of consequences you have never experienced in your entire history,” Putin said. “We are ready for any scenario of events.”

Is he actually completely insane?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1808 on: February 24, 2022, 02:20:25 AM »

Putin also directly addressed members of the Ukrainian armed forces, calling on them to lay down their arms and refuse to take orders from their superiors in Kyiv.

He also warned anyone considering interfering with Russia’s plans of grave consequences, appearing to threaten the use of nuclear weapons.

“Whoever tries to interfere with our actions should know that the Russian response will be immediate and will lead to the kind of consequences you have never experienced in your entire history,” Putin said. “We are ready for any scenario of events.”

Is he actually completely insane?
He worded it in such a way that you can tell that he doesn't really mean nuclear weapons, but he wants you to think that MAYBE just maybe he meant that, so you'll be scared and think of him as unpredictable and dangerous. It's just political theater.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1809 on: February 24, 2022, 02:25:31 AM »

H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #1810 on: February 24, 2022, 02:25:53 AM »

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1811 on: February 24, 2022, 02:26:04 AM »

How well is this video from three weeks ago holding up?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1812 on: February 24, 2022, 02:27:33 AM »

So looking further at the Tweet sounds like "Geo-Location Gurus" might have been able to actually map to location?

Would love to see this confirmed doing a comparison of geography and plus the exact coordinates if true.

Earlier this evening posted about surprised that Russian Armored Convoys weren't moving towards Kharkiv in the event of a full scale invasion, but maybe they were just softening key targets up before bringing the heavy armor across the borders.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #1813 on: February 24, 2022, 02:29:46 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2022, 02:33:54 AM by Storr »

I agree, Russia wants a quick victory. The longer an invasion takes: the more NATO weapons/intelligence/technology flow east into Ukraine, the more civilian suffering is shared around the World, the more international opinion will turn against Russia, the more Ukrainian resistance will stiffen, the more Russian casualties will come home in coffins, the more the war will harm the Russian economy, the more likely of Russian public opinion turns against the war and current government.

You don't see governments promoting long protracted war for a reason.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1814 on: February 24, 2022, 02:29:58 AM »

So looking further at the Tweet sounds like "Geo-Location Gurus" might have been able to actually map to location?

Would love to see this confirmed doing a comparison of geography and plus the exact coordinates if true.

Earlier this evening posted about surprised that Russian Armored Convoys weren't moving towards Kharkiv in the event of a full scale invasion, but maybe they were just softening key targets up before bringing the heavy armor across the borders.

I think as far back as a week or so ago the understanding was that the first salvo would be all strategic bombing, long-range artillery, and cyberattacks, then the tanks would start rolling in once Russia had air supremacy. That indeed seems to be what's going on, although it looks like getting air supremacy was a matter of two or three hours rather than two or three days.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1815 on: February 24, 2022, 02:32:56 AM »

I think as far back as a week or so ago the understanding was that the first salvo would be all strategic bombing, long-range artillery, and cyberattacks, then the tanks would start rolling in once Russia had air supremacy. That indeed seems to be what's going on, although it looks like getting air supremacy was a matter of two or three hours rather than two or three days.

I'm sure Russia had a lot of missiles and air force bases within range, so that has helped speed things up.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1816 on: February 24, 2022, 02:36:28 AM »

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1817 on: February 24, 2022, 02:37:56 AM »

Wall Street Journal update headlines all within the past 15 minutes  (Sorry can't share small articles bcs of copyright, ToS issues, etc...)   Sad

Boris Johnson Says U.K., Allies Will 'Respond Decisively' to Russian Attack on Ukraine

Russian Central Bank Announces Currency Intervention After Ruble Plunges to Record Low After Ukraine Attack

German Foreign Minister Pledges More EU Sanctions on Russia

Australia Hits Russia With New Round of Sanctions After Ukraine Operation

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia-ukraine-latest-news
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1818 on: February 24, 2022, 02:38:10 AM »

What the heck, this is actually happening? The people of Ukraine are in my prayers. I just hope Andriy is alright. I feel really bad for him. I can't believe thousands of people are about to die for one man's ego trip and his revisionist view of history. Seriously, what the f--k?

It's time to impose the toughest possible sanctions on Russia and aid Ukraine with massive American weaponry to make this blatant violation of international law. Mr. Putin is actually a case of the Den Haag Court for War Criminals!
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1819 on: February 24, 2022, 02:38:40 AM »

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1820 on: February 24, 2022, 02:39:49 AM »

What the heck, this is actually happening? The people of Ukraine are in my prayers. I just hope Andriy is alright. I feel really bad for him. I can't believe thousands of people are about to die for one man's ego trip and his revisionist view of history. Seriously, what the f--k?

It's time to impose the toughest possible sanctions on Russia and aid Ukraine with massive American weaponry to make this blatant violation of international law. Mr. Putin is actually a case of the Den Haag Court for War Criminals!
Based on how it's going so far, by the time all of the USA weapons show up in Ukraine for the Ukrainians to use against Russia, the invasion will already be over and Russia will have already won.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1821 on: February 24, 2022, 02:39:55 AM »

Thx!

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #1822 on: February 24, 2022, 02:40:51 AM »

Looks like the USAF is refueling somebody's planes near the Ukrainian border.

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1823 on: February 24, 2022, 02:44:19 AM »

Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #1824 on: February 24, 2022, 02:48:06 AM »

Lmao.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 1170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies