Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 06:18:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd  (Read 46645 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« on: May 28, 2020, 11:17:22 AM »

Disgusting.

Charge the police officer for murder and lock him up for life.

Too bad none of the bystanders showed the civil courage to toss the police officer away from the guy’s chest.

Then they'd probably be dead too. If they were willing to kill a guy over a counterfeit Hamilton imagine what they'd do if you entered their 6 foot blood circle

I would hazard that might not hold true if several of them tried to enter at once.

Isn't this an area where 2A is supposed to help?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 09:46:54 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2020, 06:45:23 AM by Everything Burns... »

You just posted cringe. You are going to lose delegate!

Seriously, though, I can't decide whether the cruelty or the stupidity is stronger in the post I'm quoting. There's no way to make a flamethrower brigade "ending it" look anything but evil, even to a fair proportion of the "thin blue line" crowd.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 09:51:55 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2020, 09:57:24 PM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

Police needs to start bringing out the riot gear and engaging.

That works until it doesn't work and then what? One of these days the police bringing out the riot gear isn't going to do anything. Most police forces in major cities are a couple thousand. NYC has the largest force and is 40k if these protest spread, there are not enough police, riot gear, nor jails to stop anything.

One day with the way things are going you'll wake up to an America where authoritarian crackdowns in the name of "law and order" don't do anything.

Then bring on the flamethrowers, tanks, machine guns, and heavy artillery. That'd end this nonsense quick. If this is what your side wants, so be it.

Higgins: "I'd vote for a moderate Dem like Al Gore."
Also Higgins: "Assad Trump or we burn the country."
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 10:37:42 PM »

The protests/riots/looting in MSP are a very different thing than the violent attacks going on around the country. Those groups are largely white and seem to be trying to escalate the situation as much as possible.

So every instance of rioting has been a conspiracy by those wicked, wicked, wicked white people AGAIN?

This isn't about race, it's about politics. The Berners warned us this was coming, and they found an excuse to make their move.

> Sanders supporters only exist on Twitter and not in swing states
> Sanders supporters are violent saboteurs across the nation
Pick one.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 10:53:35 PM »

The protests/riots/looting in MSP are a very different thing than the violent attacks going on around the country. Those groups are largely white and seem to be trying to escalate the situation as much as possible.

So every instance of rioting has been a conspiracy by those wicked, wicked, wicked white people AGAIN?

This isn't about race, it's about politics. The Berners warned us this was coming, and they found an excuse to make their move.

> Sanders supporters only exist on Twitter and not in swing states
> Sanders supporters are violent saboteurs across the nation
Pick one.

I think this has conclusively been answered tonight, no?

No, I don't think so. Perhaps you could point me to a comprehensive analysis of the attitudes of Sanders supporters towards these saboteurs (because all property damage outside MSP is definitely coordinated sabotage and not in any way linked to the anger of the protests) and the attitudes of the saboteurs to Sanders supporters. Parts of Rose Twitter saying "Rioting can be good, actually" doesn't cut the mustard and in any case, you're supposing the protests are separate from the violence.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 06:03:42 PM »

What a terrible response from Mayor Frey.

Who's going to primary him?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 06:05:59 PM »

Why would she leave the Senate?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 06:18:13 PM »

The 2020 primaries demonstrated that almost any other role, even a governorship, is unlikely to be viable launchpad for the presidency. Given that the Bullock and Inslee campaigns went down with barely a whisper, you can bet that the Buttigiegs of the world will all look to the Senate.

I doubt Klobuchar has entirely abandoned her presidential ambitions.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2020, 04:35:36 PM »

Minnesota should consider doing a Camden on Minneapolis. Namely, by breaking up their police force and rebuilding from the ground up.

As far as I'm aware, Camden had only peaceful protests this time around (so it does seem to have delivered some real change).
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 06:56:39 PM »

I realize that Trump is historically illiterate, but there's this pesky thing called the Posse Comitatus Act that got passed at the end of Reconstruction that prevents him from carrying out his very stable fantasies about sending in the troops. Under the circumstance, it's a little ironic since a prime motivation behind the act was to prevent a future President from sending in the troops to protect the negroes.

What's this, then? They are not wearing patches.

Edit: these guys are in dc so your point still stands, but it's still weird to me.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2020, 07:34:01 PM »

It is an absolute tragedy that the other officers were charged and even worse are remaining held on $1 million bond. They deserve to be not guilty as quickly as the poor police senselessly charged in the Freddy Gray case. My heart goes out to them and their beautiful families needlessly suffering to quell a mob that knows no virtue when all they do every day of their lives is serve their community. So painful to know this injustice exists.
Is this a meme?

I thought you "didn't care" about this case.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2020, 07:49:17 PM »

It is an absolute tragedy that the other officers were charged and even worse are remaining held on $1 million bond. They deserve to be not guilty as quickly as the poor police senselessly charged in the Freddy Gray case. My heart goes out to them and their beautiful families needlessly suffering to quell a mob that knows no virtue when all they do every day of their lives is serve their community. So painful to know this injustice exists.
Is this a meme?

You really have some severe reading issues. I wrote that people are able to ignore peaceful protests if they want and that I would pass by without a care. I care very deeply about the unnecessary trauma being inflicted on these completely innocent men and their families for being present at the scene of accidental manslaughter.
If you think the protests could have caused the arrests (I would agree there's a decent chance they did), it doesn't make sense to not care about them given your subsequent consideration of the resulting arrests as a tragedy.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2020, 07:58:34 PM »

Is this a meme?

You really have some severe reading issues. I wrote that people are able to ignore peaceful protests if they want and that I would pass by without a care. I care very deeply about the unnecessary trauma being inflicted on these completely innocent men and their families for being present at the scene of accidental manslaughter.
If you think the protests could have caused the arrests (I would agree there's a decent chance they did), it doesn't make sense to not care about them given your subsequent consideration of the resulting arrests as a tragedy.

I believe the rioting and violence caused that since that is what got news coverage. Action was taken to prevent destruction of valuable property. Non-violent protest would have done nothing alone. Now it's time for bad officials to reward bad behavior to limit the damage to their regimes. But it seems like you and I are only capable off talking in circles.

That's fairly consistent logic, actually. I assumed when you said this:

Politicians felt there was a name to make for themselves by appealing to an unhinged and illogical mob against all sensible justice

you meant the protesters at large as opposed to rioters specifically, as the former constitute a larger group of voters to appeal to. If you believe the politicians saw making a name for themselves only because of riot-specific news coverage or in responding to the riots as opposed to the protests, then that holds up.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2020, 08:10:26 PM »

Not only are those Minneapolis cops who killed George Floyd facing charges -they may be facing being infected with the coronavirus as well:

George Floyd had tested positive for COVID-19 before his death, full autopsy reveals

Floyd's family gave the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office permission to release the full 20-page report

In April. So he was already fully recovered.

Isn’t it mildly alarming he remained positive for that long? It looks like a bad omen for the supposed effectiveness of current 2 to 3 week self-isolation strategies.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2020, 08:01:40 AM »

Maybe Ms. Omar should focus on this instead of bashing her party's nominee.

I've missed this. Has she in fact spent a lot of time bashing Biden? Wouldn't surprise me.

She claimed to believe Reade's allegations in her book published 1-2 weeks ago and added that Biden shouldn't be the nominee.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies