Who will win in Connecticut? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:35:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who will win in Connecticut? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win in Connecticut?
Dan Malloy (D), I

Tom Foley (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Who will win in Connecticut?  (Read 1164 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« on: July 05, 2014, 01:41:15 PM »

I'm compelled to say Foley due to approval ratings, but I need more polling
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 01:44:25 PM »

Saying that Foley isn't the nominee is like saying Charlie Crist isn't the nominee in Florida. The convention only kept McKinney above 15% so that it'd be easier for Foley to beat Boughton in a 3 way race, but now Boughton and Mckinney's running mate are both out. McKinney doesn't have a chance. It would've been much better for Malloy if McKinney could win since he is much easier to beat than Foley, but Foley is making this almost a true toss up. I still think it's a tilt dem at the moment and Bridgeport will probably give Malloy another 4 years.

Eh they only did that last time because voting stayed open late
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 03:10:05 PM »

Saying that Foley isn't the nominee is like saying Charlie Crist isn't the nominee in Florida. The convention only kept McKinney above 15% so that it'd be easier for Foley to beat Boughton in a 3 way race, but now Boughton and Mckinney's running mate are both out. McKinney doesn't have a chance. It would've been much better for Malloy if McKinney could win since he is much easier to beat than Foley, but Foley is making this almost a true toss up. I still think it's a tilt dem at the moment and Bridgeport will probably give Malloy another 4 years.

Eh they only did that last time because voting stayed open late

Malloy's officially certified margin of victory statewide in 2010 was 6,404. Bridgeport's margin of victory for Malloy was 13,874. When the closing of the polls was pushed back from 8 to 10 PM in Bridgeport, voting had already been open for 14 hours. Do you believe that 50% of Malloy's votes in that city were cast in the final two hours of voting?

Damn close enough
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 03:13:50 PM »

I tend to think a lot more seats will flip in 2014 than most people here do. I think the Republicans will pick up CT, IL, and AR (with decent chances in HI and CO and non-negligible chances in MA), but I also think the Democrats will pick up MI, PA, ME, WI, KS, GA, SC, AND FL (with decent chances in AZ and OH and non-negligible chances in IA and NE).

I think this year's gubernatorial elections will look like 2002 with lots of seats flipping on both sides.

Everything I highlighted I disagree with,  with SC, IA, and KS just being pipe dreams
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 02:29:00 AM »

I tend to think a lot more seats will flip in 2014 than most people here do. I think the Republicans will pick up CT, IL, and AR (with decent chances in HI and CO and non-negligible chances in MA), but I also think the Democrats will pick up MI, PA, ME, WI, KS, GA, SC, AND FL (with decent chances in AZ and OH and non-negligible chances in IA and NE).

I think this year's gubernatorial elections will look like 2002 with lots of seats flipping on both sides.

Everything I highlighted I disagree with,  with SC, IA, and KS just being pipe dreams

You don't think we'll pick up Maine? And Kansas a pipe dream? LOL look at a poll. And yeah Iowa we probably won't win, but gun to my head I do think we take South Carolina.

LePage is in trouble since there is no fourth candidate, but I feel he is being underestimated. Collins is on the ballot this year first, and her immense popularity will draw in at least a few undecideds.

By the way, don't say "we." Makes you guys sound like a hive mind.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies