More likely to eventually replace Mike Garcia in CA-25: Democrat or QAnon supporter?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:55:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  More likely to eventually replace Mike Garcia in CA-25: Democrat or QAnon supporter?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Democrat

QAnon supporter

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: More likely to eventually replace Mike Garcia in CA-25: Democrat or QAnon supporter?  (Read 1542 times)
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 28, 2020, 12:07:40 PM »

If Mike Garcia eventually loses or retires, who's more likely to replace him: A Democrat or a QAnon supporter?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 12:10:49 PM »

A Democrat, but why not both? Amma Campa-Najjar could take his grifting to the next level with a carpetbagging manoeuvre.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 12:16:57 PM »

A Democrat, but why not both? Amma Campa-Najjar could take his grifting to the next level with a carpetbagging manoeuvre.
Campa-Najjar is from Jamul, which is in CA-50. He isn't a carpetbagger.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 12:21:28 PM »

I know he isn't, but he's been grifting in other ways and he'd be following in his 2020 rival's footsteps.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 01:21:25 PM »

D, but Rs are expected to lose ground in Cali due to Redistricting and the Govs of Indy commission are appointed by Newsom and he wants to solidify his grip on power for his reelection
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 03:50:25 PM »

Stupidest question I've ever heard. Democrat.
CrimsonCommander688
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 07:04:16 PM »

Has CA-25 been called yet?
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 07:16:27 PM »

I know he isn't, but he's been grifting in other ways and he'd be following in his 2020 rival's footsteps.

Funny you say that. He said that if he runs again, it won't be in CA-50!

It's an actual shame. I truly believe the Ammar Campa-Najjar of 2018 would have won. He avoided a lot of the toxic rhetoric, he stood for something, and he didn't need to burn bridges. What most likely happened was that he got new consultants from the DCCC and they told him that selling his soul was the only way to win.

Everyone involved in that campaign should be blackballed from working on a campaign ever again. There's your average bog-standard moderate heroism and there's "Obamagate is on the level of Trump's scandals and should be inestigated" and "fraternizing with white supremacists is a good idea". And then, there's "You don't need to worry about the backlash from fraternizing with white supremacists, they'll still vote for you because it's you or Darrell Issa." The most egregious campaign malpractice I've ever seen.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 07:19:02 PM »

It's an actual shame. I truly believe the Ammar Campa-Najjar of 2018 would have won. He avoided a lot of the toxic rhetoric, he stood for something, and he didn't need to burn bridges. What most likely happened was that he got new consultants from the DCCC and they told him that selling his soul was the only way to win.

Yes Im sure some random Democrat was totally going to pick up a district while Trump was carrying it that even voted for an incumbent indicted on campaign finance fraud.

Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 07:30:50 PM »

Yes Im sure some random Democrat was totally going to pick up a district while Trump was carrying it that even voted for an incumbent indicted on campaign finance fraud.

Against a candidate who wasn't even from the district. Which was the only reason this was competitive anyways.

Again, there you go condescending from ground you can't condescend from.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 07:36:23 PM »

Against a candidate who wasn't even from the district. Which was the only reason this was competitive anyways.

Again, there you go condescending from ground you can't condescend from.

So what? There was literally 1 district that the  Dems flipped this cycle outside of the NC redraw and that was in Georgia 7th. There was 0 chance this district was flipping in this environment.

Im goingto be condescending because your take is stupid here and just personal bias due to your belief that somehow progressive candidates are going to do much better(I don't have much stake in the progressive vs moderate fight as I am not a Democrat but your analysis is wrong)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 07:50:16 PM »

So what? There was literally 1 district that the  Dems flipped this cycle outside of the NC redraw and that was in Georgia 7th. There was 0 chance this district was flipping in this environment.

Im goingto be condescending because your take is stupid here and just personal bias due to your belief that somehow progressive candidates are going to do much better(I don't have much stake in the progressive vs moderate fight as I am not a Democrat but your analysis is wrong)

Not particularly personal bias. Campa-Najjar totally re-invented himself and underperformed massively.

Moderates in general also underperformed compared to progressive candidates. Defunding the police may be unpopular (and the Green New Deal may be unpopular in certain places), but a bold economic vision is much more "electable" than business-as-usual (for lack of a better word) neoliberalism. You saw a lot of people who have been left behind by the current economic policies who have defected to Trump because he's at least promising something different than Reaganism and Clintonism.

Maybe a win's a bit too hackish, but I definitely think Campa-Najjar would have at least matched his 2018 performance if he ran his old playbook.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 08:42:52 PM »

Mike Garcia wasn't gonna survive Reappointment anyways, eventhough he is Latino
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 07:39:22 AM »

So what? There was literally 1 district that the  Dems flipped this cycle outside of the NC redraw and that was in Georgia 7th. There was 0 chance this district was flipping in this environment.

Not particularly personal bias. Campa-Najjar totally re-invented himself and underperformed massively.

Moderates in general also underperformed compared to progressive candidates. Defunding the police may be unpopular (and the Green New Deal may be unpopular in certain places), but a bold economic vision is much more "electable" than business-as-usual (for lack of a better word) neoliberalism. You saw a lot of people who have been left behind by the current economic policies who have defected to Trump because he's at least promising something different than Reaganism and Clintonism.

Maybe a win's a bit too hackish, but I definitely think Campa-Najjar would have at least matched his 2018 performance if he ran his old playbook.
Duncan Hunter was literalry under indictment, the fact that without him the race was competive is itself astounding and a terrible sign for the CA-GOP. They aren't holding any more than 1 seat they gain this cycle in 2022.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2020, 01:53:26 PM »

Duncan Hunter was literalry under indictment, the fact that without him the race was competive is itself astounding and a terrible sign for the CA-GOP. They aren't holding any more than 1 seat they gain this cycle in 2022.

I'll see you in two years with this stupid take
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2020, 06:12:33 PM »

Quote from: lfromnj
Ilink=topic=416068.msg7799911#msg7799911 date=1606610183 uid=20824

In california
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2020, 07:00:57 PM »

Quote from: lfromnj  date=1606610183 uid=20824

In california
I'm aware.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2020, 07:02:40 PM »

Mike Garcia wasn't gonna survive Reappointment anyways, eventhough he is Latino
And even if he does, he'll never survive a blue wave year.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2020, 07:05:07 PM »

The Supreme Court could determine a case heard tomorrow how many seats California gets.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2020, 07:14:05 PM »

Will there be any non-QAnon Republicans by 2024?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies