2020 PA State Elections Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 04:34:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 PA State Elections Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which party will control the state legislature in 2021?
Democrats will flip both chambers

Democrats will flip the House, but not the Senate

Democrats will flip the Senate, but not the House

Republicans will retain both chambers

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: 2020 PA State Elections Megathread  (Read 15853 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 20, 2019, 07:40:26 PM »

Well then, we will get un-gerrymandered maps for State Senate and State House soon enough.

But when?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 07:44:26 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2019, 08:54:05 PM by Badger »

With his record of convictions, how the hell did Justin Walsh get elected JUDGE?!? Shocked
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 09:21:10 PM »

I grew up in the 28th District. The fact that it was even remotely competitive this past election still boggles my mind. Of course it also blew my mind in the decidedly upper-middle-class Housing Development I lived in to see Obama signs springing up in 2008. Going home to visit my parents from Ohio I thought I'd somehow driven through a wormhole into an alternative universe.

Upper middle-class suburbs in Western Pennsylvania like the 28th District are shifting Democratic know where remotely to the same speed that Philadelphia suburbs have over the last 20 years, but there is some shifting.

Who knows, the race was closeish in 2018. Still a reach for Democrats though
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 06:15:27 PM »

Any possibility than a primary challenge is successful?

Which race?  Daylin Leach could easily be knocked off, yes, the others, I doubt it as things stand today.

But doesn't he have a decent chance of surviving only because his primary Challengers are so many and the splitting the vote? Or is one in particular emerging as the true contender to Leach?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 01:54:35 AM »

But doesn't he have a decent chance of surviving only because his primary Challengers are so many and the splitting the vote? Or is one in particular emerging as the true contender to Leach?

Yeah, that’s definitely a scenario that could play out!  Now, keep in mind that I’m not a SEPA Dem, so I don’t have my finger right on the pulse of that faction of the party, but overall I know that Leach is widely seen as a liability by the state party at large, and also by many Democratic voters.  I’ll be honest, I think it’s within the realm of possibility that the state party or major factions within it endorse one of Leach’s primary challengers, as we really don’t need to risk a mass refusal to vote if Leach is the general election candidate.  Like you said, with that many primary opponents, Leach could squeak through the pack, but he’s definitely in boiling hot water as it stands.

I hear you. But doesn't Leach also have the slight advantage that his seat is safely democratic and has no realistic chance of flipping even if he is the nominee?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies