OH-SEN 2024: Brown (D) vs Moreno (R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:10:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-SEN 2024: Brown (D) vs Moreno (R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-SEN 2024: Brown (D) vs Moreno (R)  (Read 29602 times)
prag_prog
United States

« on: September 26, 2022, 08:06:33 PM »

Just so everyone is aware, here is what we know so far about Senate 2024.

Arizona: Sinema will certainly get a primary challenge as she has been censured by the state party for keeping the filibuster on voting rights.

California: Feinstein has filed papers, however this has been confirmed to only be a technicality and she may not run again. The CA Dem party is also sick of her as they endorsed de Leon over her in 2018.

Delaware: Carper has said he may retire.

Florida: Scott is running again

Indiana: Braun is retiring to run for Governor.

Maine: King has said he may retire.

Maryland: Cardin hasn't said yet, but given his age he may retire.

Massachusetts: Warren is running again.

Michigan: Stabenow is running again.

Nebraska: Fischer is running again.

New Jersey: Menendez is running again.

Ohio: Brown is running again.

Texas: Cruz has filed to run again, though he may still run for President.

Utah: Romney drama

Vermont: if Bernie runs again, he will likely run in the Dem primary but refuse the nomination again.

Virginia: Kaine has filed to run again, and Gov. Glenn Youngkin has openly said he is considering running.

West Virginia: Manchin is running again, and already has endorsements from Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski.

I also expect Klobuchar to run in MN
prag_prog
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 08:11:14 PM »

Great news. I am still very pessimistic of Brown's chances in 2024 but I think inorder for Brown to have a chance to win, national environment needs to be D+4 or better. In 2012, he won by 6 pts when national environment was D+4. In 2018, he won by 6 pts against an underfunded challenger when national environment was D+8. Assuming ticket splitting will reduce in 2024 when compared to 2018 due to it being a presidential year and also considering possibility of Ohio shifting further right, I think national environment has to be atleast D+4 or better for Brown to have a chance. Can't expect GOP to nominate poor candidates like Vance all the time..maybe they will learn a lesson and try to get a stronger challenger for Brown in 2024
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies