OH-SEN 2024: Brown (D) vs Moreno (R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:54:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-SEN 2024: Brown (D) vs Moreno (R)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24
Author Topic: OH-SEN 2024: Brown (D) vs Moreno (R)  (Read 29032 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: August 06, 2023, 09:29:05 AM »

LaRose is a bland guy who doesn't inspire the masses.

Users don't understand how important DeWine was Vance was at the same exact Approvals as LaRose and was trailing by similar margins and what happened IAN boosted Johnson, Vance and Budd chances and instead of DeSantis and DeWine winning by 10 it was 20

We are expecting a 65/60 M D vote Turnout in 22 it was close to 62/60 M
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #326 on: August 06, 2023, 11:52:42 AM »

Ugh, Sherrod Brown to Bernie Moreno might be a bigger downgrade than Doug Jones to Tommy Tuberville. Even if he flips Delaware County it won't be enough. I think Brown loses by 4-5 points.

I'm absolutely shocked that you think that.  Shocked, I tell you.

Honest to God, why are you even here?
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #327 on: August 06, 2023, 06:47:33 PM »

Yeah. He has a lot of name rec right now but he's very uninspiring and I expect him to drop once the primary gets into gear.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #328 on: August 06, 2023, 07:38:50 PM »

I'm absolutely shocked that you think that.  Shocked, I tell you.

Honest to God, why are you even here?

Attention.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #329 on: August 06, 2023, 08:38:36 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2023, 08:46:53 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Yeah. He has a lot of name rec right now but he's very uninspiring and I expect him to drop once the primary gets into gear.

Lol he has the same Approvals as Vance 40 percentage pts the difference is no DeWine I keep saying this because in 2006 and 2018 DeWine was far weaker and Brown won he was very strict in 22

Brown should win by 6 pts just like if DeWine wasn't on the ballot Ryan was polling 6 pts more than Vance and Vance is vulnerable in a Prez Eday like Johnson in 28

That's why I don't make exact maps id Brown wins just in 2012 Biden will carry OH
Rjjr77
« Reply #330 on: August 06, 2023, 08:46:11 PM »

Lol he has the same Approvals as Vance 40 percentage pts the difference is no DeWine I keep saying this because in 2006 and 2018 DeWine was far weaker and Brown won he was very strict in 22

Brown should win by 6 pts just like if DeWine wasn't on the ballot Ryan was polling 6 pts more than Vance and Vance is vulnerable in a Prez Eday like Johnson in 28

0% chance Brown wins by 6, unless its Renacci again somehow and Brown still had to spend more than 30 million more than his opponent to underperform his poll numbers.

Brown is a very good candidate and can win, Brown has also never run in a bad democrat year in Ohio, this is going to be the first real test, and he aint winning by 6
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #331 on: August 06, 2023, 08:48:41 PM »

Yeah sure and Biden is leading f Trump 5 pts in QU poll lol a 5 pt race is Wave insurance 2008/12 we won OH in
Rjjr77
« Reply #332 on: August 06, 2023, 08:54:45 PM »

Yeah sure and Biden is leading f Trump 5 pts in QU poll lol a 5 pt race is Wave insurance 2008/12 we won OH in

2008/12 were a long time ago, Ohio has 2 members of congress now who werent even old enough to rent a car in 2008
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #333 on: August 08, 2023, 07:41:52 PM »

Issue 1 just failed by LBJ-64 margins, its pretty much "LaOVER" for LaRose at this point

Likely Moreno primary, Tossup/Tilt Brown General
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #334 on: August 08, 2023, 08:42:45 PM »

Issue 1 just failed by LBJ-64 margins, its pretty much "LaOVER" for LaRose at this point

I can't tell if this is Sarcasm, but it's honestly not going to fail by *that* much, and ballot initiatives tend to be less partisan than federal Senate elections.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #335 on: August 08, 2023, 08:59:42 PM »

I can't tell if this is Sarcasm, but it's honestly not going to fail by *that* much, and ballot initiatives tend to be less partisan than federal Senate elections.

I mostly meant in a "This is going to embarrass LaRose and make him look really bad" kind of way.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #336 on: August 08, 2023, 09:16:05 PM »

I mostly meant in a "This is going to embarrass LaRose and make him look really bad" kind of way.

From the ballot initiative thread:

I've always thought it was more to improve his stanting with social conservatives for the Senate primary, through I'm sure Republicans would have liked the buffer to protect against abortion, marijuana and fair redistricting measures.

I would say he now has a rough couple of months ahead. The electorate won't care about this failing in a few weeks, but it will care about November's Abortion and Marijuana questions. LaRose is damned if they succeed, which it the common wisdom, since he's gonna get criticized for not doing enough to help them. And if he alternatively does tie himself to the conservative flagpoles then he's probably gonna lose the Republicans who went 'Yes' to Dolan and drop below Moreno's vote totals.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #337 on: August 08, 2023, 09:32:13 PM »

Riverwalk and Rs say that it's not a blue wave because Trump is tied in Emerson poll but don't pay attention to the poll in OH that shows Brown leading by 13 well I look beyond polls I wait until  we get results

The hypocrisy of R users they can believe it's a close Edays with Trump but there is no way Brown can win
Rjjr77
« Reply #338 on: August 10, 2023, 01:07:25 AM »

From the ballot initiative thread:

I've always thought it was more to improve his stanting with social conservatives for the Senate primary, through I'm sure Republicans would have liked the buffer to protect against abortion, marijuana and fair redistricting measures.

I would say he now has a rough couple of months ahead. The electorate won't care about this failing in a few weeks, but it will care about November's Abortion and Marijuana questions. LaRose is damned if they succeed, which it the common wisdom, since he's gonna get criticized for not doing enough to help them. And if he alternatively does tie himself to the conservative flagpoles then he's probably gonna lose the Republicans who went 'Yes' to Dolan and drop below Moreno's vote totals.

The abortion amendment will be problimatic for GOP, but Marijuana is different. There are actually a solid coalition of GOP legislators who back the legalization movement.

LaRose has a bigger problem, whats his lane? hes been affiliated with Kasich too much to be with the conservatives, and hes been with Trump too much to be with the dems, and he struggles to raise the money the other candidates can put in with a snap of their fingers. Hes actually lagged behind other state wide republicans with his big win. I dont see the path. I think at his juncture, the first minority senator from the state of Ohio will be Bernie Moreno
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #339 on: August 12, 2023, 08:03:32 PM »

LaRose might be problematic in a general given how he's the one tied the most to the unpopular issues. I could see a scenario where Trump wins Ohio by 10 and Brown beats LaRose.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #340 on: August 12, 2023, 11:05:50 PM »

That's the scenario where Ds are looking at but Suffolk had it 6 not 10 we won OH before users especially Rs that Obama and Biden and Bill Clinton never won Ohio yes they did and they won FL, CO, WI, NV, MT, NC PA and MI the only one is TX
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #341 on: October 10, 2023, 12:53:14 PM »

LaRose might be problematic in a general given how he's the one tied the most to the unpopular issues. I could see a scenario where Trump wins Ohio by 10 and Brown beats LaRose.

According to the new Emerson poll released today, Brown's outrunning Biden by 11 points against LaRose. Of course, it's Emerson, so it's probably trash, but even that outperformance might not be quite enough.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #342 on: October 10, 2023, 01:00:39 PM »

According to the new Emerson poll released today, Brown's outrunning Biden by 11 points against LaRose. Of course, it's Emerson, so it's probably trash, but even that outperformance might not be quite enough.

How are people reading a poll with an incumbent at 35% as anything other than a likely flip? Brown isn’t running ahead of Biden; he’s running behind. The Republican nominees are just running much further behind Trump because they have much lower name recognition.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #343 on: October 10, 2023, 01:01:56 PM »

How are people reading a poll with an incumbent at 35% as anything other than a likely flip? Brown isn’t running ahead of Biden; he’s running behind. The Republican nominees are just running much further behind Trump because they have much lower name recognition.

Because there's lots of Dem-leaning groups that are undecided, particularly young people and black voters.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #344 on: October 10, 2023, 01:12:18 PM »

Because there's lots of Dem-leaning groups that are undecided, particularly young people and black voters.

And self-evidently a very large number of Trump voters, who are not a Democratic-leaning group.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #345 on: October 10, 2023, 01:17:37 PM »

Gas prices are surging War in Ukraine and Israel are driving the gas in Chicago it's 3.41 and SF and Phoenix it's 6.09. It's gonna be lower next yr
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #346 on: October 10, 2023, 10:08:21 PM »

The Presidential race is 45-33, while the Senate is 39-38 with LaRose. So the amount of undecideds is essentially the same in both races.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #347 on: October 18, 2023, 12:49:41 PM »

Do you all think a third-party candidate will qualify for the ballot? Or will it just be Brown versus his opponent like it was in 2018?
Rjjr77
« Reply #348 on: October 24, 2023, 08:14:43 PM »

Do you all think a third-party candidate will qualify for the ballot? Or will it just be Brown versus his opponent like it was in 2018?

Ohio has no qualified 3rd parties, and there is no talk of any well known 3rd party challenger. There will be an irrelevant independent either as a Write In or who qualifies but it doesnt look likely.

Its shaping up to be a Sherrod Brown vs. Bernie Moreno with a Moreno 4-6 point win from what I'm hearing
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #349 on: November 08, 2023, 09:25:39 PM »

Any thoughts after seeing the Abortion and Weed initiatives?

Obviously, those margins are not realistic for the Senate race, but it does show at least some individual issues work to Dems favor in Ohio, and the "liberal" or Democrat associated side can win statewide ballot initiatives.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies