The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:26:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature (search mode)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 300995 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #225 on: April 29, 2011, 08:54:05 PM »

According to Chapter 3, Section 33, Subsection c of the Southeast Militia Initiative, the Assistant Adjutant General is charged with developing & preparing to execute a "Region Emergency Plan". Given that the Assistant Adjutant General was never a playable position from what I know, I think we are intended to surmise that some invisible appointee of mine has ensured that we are indeed equipped for relief efforts. :-

We can say the position is vacant and the governor can fill in for him. IDK

Thing is, the idea of having to draft a Region Emergency Plan is not that appealing, & that's probably the ultimate reason why nobody was put into that office to begin with. Unless somebody volunteers to draft such a plan, I think it would be better to say that there is one that we just haven't seen.

We can call him Tim. Or Osman, I like both.

Tim's good i guess. We need to get Jbrase to vote before we do anything else though
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #226 on: April 29, 2011, 09:23:58 PM »

I sent a PM about 10 minutes ago, so hopefully he will be here soon.

I did too myself, whoops
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2011, 09:39:30 AM »

Do you guys want to do a bill about the tornadoes, or just go in order that I set up the earlier bills?

BTW: I will be off from about 2:00 or 3:00  to Midnight due to my senior prom in RL. I will be back sometime
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #228 on: May 01, 2011, 01:17:52 PM »

Since nothing about the tornado has been written up yet, I am going to introduce this bill:

Age of Consent Bill

Section 1: Definitions

a. “Sexual Conduct" is defined to include acts of intercourse (vaginal or anal), oral sex (fellatio or cunnilingus), or the insertion of any other part of the body or any foreign object into the vaginal or anal opening of another person‘s body.

b. "Sexual Contact" is defined as any touching of an erogenous zone of another, including without limitation the thigh, genitals, buttock, pubic region, or, if the person is a female, a breast, for purpose of sexually arousing or gratifying either person.

c. “Sexual Activity” is defined as constituting either sexual conduct or sexual contact.

Section 2: Age of Consent

a. Sexual conduct with any person who is less than 16 years of age is prohibited.

b. Sexual contact with any person who is less than 14 years of age is prohibited.

c. In no case may a person be prosecuted for engaging in prohibited sexual activity pursuant to this act when the difference in age between that person and the alleged victim is less than 30 months.

d. In no case may a person be prosecuted for engaging in consensual sexual activity except pursuant to Clauses a and b of this section and this act.

Section 3: Penalties

a. Any violation of Section 2, Clause a by a person under 18 years of age shall be punished by no more than six months incarceration in a juvenile detention center.

b. Any violation of Section 2, Clause a by a person 18 years of age or older shall be punished by ten to twenty years in prison, a fine of no more than $40,000, and mandatory registration as a sex offender.

c. Any violation of Section 2, Clause b by a person under 18 years of age shall be punished by no more than four months incarceration in a juvenile detention center.

d. Any violation of Section 2, Clause b by a person 18 years of age or older shall be punished by six to fifteen years in prison, a fine of no more than $25,000, and mandatory registration as a sex offender.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #229 on: May 01, 2011, 01:19:50 PM »

The only problem I have with this bill is that Sections A and B of the bill mention too different ages but does not tell for which sex it is. Is it supposed to be 16 for Males or 14 for Females?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #230 on: May 01, 2011, 03:04:17 PM »

I know I'm not in the legislature anymore but I still say allowing 50 year old men to have sex with 14 year old girls is creepy as hell.

Also, tb75, you can introduce tornado help legislation.  If someone doesn't do something soon there will be consequences.

I really don't know what to write. If someone can give me an Idea I will do it
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2011, 07:31:51 PM »

I would prefer the bill just abolish any notion of statutory rape and ages of consent, but I am sure that wouldn't pass.

(What is the status quo BTW?)

Eliminating rape as a crime is just wrong dude
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2011, 08:40:09 PM »

Who cares Rape is Rape no matter even if it is a misdemeanor
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #233 on: May 03, 2011, 07:59:54 PM »

Let's vote on the bill please.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #234 on: May 04, 2011, 12:42:40 PM »

I propose the following amendment

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The bill with the amendment has my support
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2011, 06:04:19 PM »

Aye
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #236 on: May 08, 2011, 03:27:11 PM »

So...where's the tornado legislation?

I told Sanchez to write it because I have no idea what to do. He has not done it yet
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #237 on: May 08, 2011, 08:40:36 PM »

I would like to introduce this bill:

Tornado Recovery Bill

1. This bill will be debated and amended in the Legislature

What do you guys want to do?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #238 on: May 08, 2011, 08:45:13 PM »

I've been trying to think of things to include. How about a fund to reimburse people for demonstrable property damage they've suffered, up to some limit?

That could work, with Insurance doing the rest. Or we can raise taxes on the wealthy to pay for all of it
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #239 on: May 08, 2011, 09:18:01 PM »

I've been trying to think of things to include. How about a fund to reimburse people for demonstrable property damage they've suffered, up to some limit?

That could work, with Insurance doing the rest. Or we can raise taxes on the wealthy to pay for all of it
No. No, No, No, No.  Look at my regional office thread Wink

Well, I want to keep the surplus somewhat. We need to find a way to not waste it all
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #240 on: May 09, 2011, 08:10:07 PM »

As long as we don't totally waste the surplus, I'm good with it
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #241 on: May 12, 2011, 07:34:11 PM »

I assumed that "unused land" means that it is not privately owned.

How about we require that any company that receives a contract to build in Yelnocopia employ a certain proportion of its workers from citizens of the IDS?

I would say that at least 50% employees sent by the contractors should be IDS citizens, though skilled labor can be brought in from Timbuktu if needed! While we are on subject, what are the status of imminent domain laws in the IDS?

I agree with you somewhat about the workers. I think the IDS should create a bureau or something for unemployed construction workers, builders etc to apply to work in building the damaged areas and the new temporary city. This will help the economy greatly.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2011, 08:10:11 PM »

There is one thing i don't get. Are we just building a new city for the misplaced citizens while the damaged towns are being repaired, or are we just forgetting about the damaged towns altogether?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #243 on: May 15, 2011, 09:55:18 AM »

I would  think just building a city and taking down the towns. Tornados have a habit of appearing in similiar places, so it doesn't make sense for someone to move back into tornado alley

You can't just expect people to leave the homes they have lived all their life in for some big city. That's forcing them to move, it's not right
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #244 on: May 15, 2011, 06:55:01 PM »

Well how about help repair the towns that need the extra help, but for communities that may be beyond repair make them State Region Imperial Parks? (Pending consent of the people who own the land)

I like most of it, but how about adding this option: Let the landowner rebuild with Government help, or sell the land to the government?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2011, 08:39:33 PM »

I'd rather not have the government be buying land off of people, at least without promise of quickly being re-released for private ownership.

The land could be used for Private Ownership, Business Use, or Government Use
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #246 on: May 16, 2011, 07:46:38 PM »

I'm thinking about allotting the $15 billion to the Imperial Department of Transportation to split between the development of Yelnocopia & the repair of damaged areas as its experts see fit. How does that sound?

I don't know much about the budget but that sounds good
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2011, 06:09:49 AM »

Looks good
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2011, 02:21:26 PM »

Aye
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #249 on: May 19, 2011, 12:39:47 PM »

I don't think we should move on to another bill now since flood legislation may become necessary in the near future. Briefly discussing an issue raised by Darth Jbrase, he suggested that we issue a request to the Senate to be granted status as an autonomous region. Thoughts on the matter?

What is an Autonomous Country
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies