The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:44:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 298100 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2010, 10:52:03 PM »

I like it, do you guys want to vote?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2010, 05:07:06 PM »

The vote is open on the new federal flag
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2010, 08:47:23 PM »

Sorry for the delay and my spelling error earlier

The vote on the new regional flag is 3 ayes to 0 nay's the bill is approved and is ready for the Emperor
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2010, 02:42:16 PM »

This may be at at a bad time, but i would like to announce my resignation as the Lord of Darkness. It has been a fun two terms, and i would like to thank everyone who has helped me in theses two terms. It has been a pleasure being in charge of the Legislature, and i will miss it.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2011, 06:00:13 PM »

Aye
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2011, 04:40:34 PM »

Reagan Bill

In honor of the former American President's birthday coming up on February 11th, I propose that we take some of this man's political philosophy and apply it to our region. Ronald Reagan made America believe in itself again as he took us on an eight year journey that resulted in economic prosperiety and American security in the world with the collapse of the soviet union and the fall of the Berlin Wall. In honor of this great man, I propose the following:

-cutting taxes by 15% for middle and lower class people...cutting taxes by 10% for upper class people.

-raising military spending by 5%

While I agree with the Middle and lower class tax cuts, the upper class tax should be raised in my opinion.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2011, 06:59:37 PM »

Reagan Bill

In honor of the former American President's birthday coming up on February 11th, I propose that we take some of this man's political philosophy and apply it to our region. Ronald Reagan made America believe in itself again as he took us on an eight year journey that resulted in economic prosperiety and American security in the world with the collapse of the soviet union and the fall of the Berlin Wall. In honor of this great man, I propose the following:

-cutting taxes by 15% for middle and lower class people...cutting taxes by 10% for upper class people.

-raising military spending by 5%

While I agree with the Middle and lower class tax cuts, the upper class tax should be raised in my opinion.

The federal income tax is already quite high, though, with a 60% marginal rate on the highest income bracket. I fear that raising taxes on the rich would likely hurt the regional economy.
[/quote]

Oh my bad, well we should leave it like it is then
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2011, 02:10:16 PM »

Aye
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2011, 06:34:32 PM »

The bill sound good, i have no complaints
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2011, 09:12:25 PM »

Aye
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2011, 04:46:27 PM »

Following a request of our Emperor, I am going to introduce the following bill:

Freedom to Consume Alcohol in Public Bill

1) Possession of open containers of alcohol, the consumption of alcohol, and public intoxication by persons eighteen years of age or older in public open space and when riding on public transportation shall no longer be prohibited. All laws prohibiting the above are hereby repealed.

2) This act shall not be construed to allow possession of open containers of alcohol, the consumption of alcohol, or public intoxication in public buildings or in private vehicles. 
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2011, 07:13:36 AM »

I agree that the Drinking age should stay at 21, mainly because most people are not fully developed brain wise until they are at/over 21. Not only will lowering the age mess up their development, the addict totals will grow.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2011, 03:40:16 PM »

Are we going to have a vote on the bill?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2011, 04:56:28 PM »

Aye
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2011, 03:20:11 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2011, 03:23:47 PM by tb75 »

Can I say one more thing...I came here and put my name on the ballot to work for the what I thought were the best interests of the southeast region and Atlasia...just because my votes might be different than the others is not and should not be the problem...

On this specific piece of legislation...you might remember a senate campaign where I attacked the current senator representing our region for wanting to turn the children of the region and Atlasia into drug addicts...it was obviously not the most useful campaign tool, but I got my message across and this vote is a representatoin of that...I support a bill that bans drinking of alchocol until age 28...I believe that 28 is a safe age for people to begin to drink...their minds are certainly more developed by then compared to age 18 or 21...that is why, Mr. Speaker, I voted in the negative on this bill...

You are full of it. You barely mentioned supporting the increase to 28, and you act like you the spokesman for the whole movement.  What's is up with that?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2011, 04:08:19 PM »

You know you did something wrong when you confused Kal
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2011, 08:58:36 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2011, 10:04:19 PM by tb75 »

Now, with the childishness out of the way, i now present  a bill.:

High School Sports Injury Prevention Act:

1.   Each athlete who wants to play Football must be fitted for a knee brace.  Any other athlete in other sports who want one must tell the school's athletic director

2.   If an athlete is injured, regardless of being in a game or practice will be taken in an ambulance to a local hospital.

3.   In order to return to play,  the player must be cleared by an orthopedic doctor.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2011, 09:05:22 PM »

Now, with the childishness out of the way, i now present  a bill.:

High School Sports Injury Prevention Act:

1.   Each athlete regardless of sport, will be fitted with a custom knee brace. These braces prevent knee injuries, which is the most common sport injury among young athletes.

2.   If an athlete is injured, regardless of being in a game or practice will be taken in an ambulance to a local hospital.

3.   In order to return to play,  the player must be cleared by an orthopedic doctor.

The reason why I created this bill is to bring attention to a growing danger that many athletes, including myself has been dealing with. While the whole part with the braces may cost a little bit of money, but in the long run saves thousands of dollars familes spend on surgery, and rehabiltation.

Please take this into mind when you are debating and voting for this bill. Imagine if you could not do something you love to do, just because no one cares enough to help. That is what this bill would do if passed.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2011, 09:06:30 PM »

Auto-nay.  I run track.  Trust me, running in a knee brace is no fun.

Well, i have had too knee surgeries and that is no fun. While it may limit athletes it is saving thousands of dollars for families in the long run
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2011, 09:10:31 PM »

Well, i have had too knee surgeries and that is no fun. While it may limit athletes it is saving thousands of dollars for families in the long run
If people would stretch properly and coaches were smart about what they made their athletes do, this would be nearly as big of a problem.  A good alternative would be raising the hiring standards of coaches.  No more stories of high school freshman dying at summer football camp, please.

I still oppose knee braces on the grounds that they are unnecessary for the vast majority of athletes.  Out of curiosity, what sport do you play?

Football. I  was a deffensive lineman for 4 years. BTW, this has nothing to do with deaths
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2011, 09:23:38 PM »

That would be a slow game because it is hard to run with knee braces on...

And if they are seriously injured then of course they will be taken in an ambulance to a hospital...what are we going to do...leave them at the game or practice hurt without giving them any help? lol

When i was hurt I never got any help, neither did any other athlete at my school. College players have braces on and they do fine. You never played athletics, so you have no mouth to run
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2011, 09:34:24 PM »

If people would stretch properly and coaches were smart about what they made their athletes do, this would be nearly as big of a problem.  A good alternative would be raising the hiring standards of coaches.  No more stories of high school freshman dying at summer football camp, please.

I still oppose knee braces on the grounds that they are unnecessary for the vast majority of athletes.  Out of curiosity, what sport do you play?

Football. I  was a deffensive lineman for 4 years. BTW, this has nothing to do with deaths
Cool.  And yeah, I kind of got carried away there.

I agree, injuries do need to be handled better.  I just don't think this is the right way to go about it.  I would support athletes playing certain positions on football teams to where mandatory knee braces but with many sport this has no real benefits and a lot of drawbacks.  Consider the catcher in baseball who is already covered in pads or the sprinter who can't afford to be slowed down by it.

This is one of those situations where a blanket approach will not work.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
What sport do you play?

My school is awfully and helping injured athletes. The trainer does not even know what to do. Anyway, I can edit the law for just certain sports
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2011, 09:45:36 PM »

Cool.  And yeah, I kind of got carried away there.

I agree, injuries do need to be handled better.  I just don't think this is the right way to go about it.  I would support athletes playing certain positions on football teams to where mandatory knee braces but with many sport this has no real benefits and a lot of drawbacks.  Consider the catcher in baseball who is already covered in pads or the sprinter who can't afford to be slowed down by it.

This is one of those situations where a blanket approach will not work.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
What sport do you play?

My school is awfully and helping injured athletes. The trainer does not even know what to do. Anyway, I can edit the law for just certain sports
I just think its a shame the fact that some of this childish behaivor in this legislature recently could affect politics in the next month or so is a shame...lets just focus on debating the issues and fighting for the people that we represent and that sent us here...and drop this childish back and forth behaivor...

What does that got to do with anything?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2011, 09:46:23 PM »

How about this, I will pull the bill re-edit it, and then star over. How does that sound?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2011, 09:55:50 PM »

If the humble Viceroy may offer his opinion....

I play track as well, and my mile is bad enough, so I would oppose the first clause out of hand. I realize the necessity to make it an option, but why make it mandatory?

As for the second one, I could agree. At my schools football games there is always an ambulance, I thought that was standard practice, if it isn't it should definitely be remedied.

The third one....yeah that makes sense.

The issue with making the brace optional is that in a sport that emphasizes speed such as track, there is no way that anyone would volunteer to handicap themselves in such a fashion. If you want to go that route, I'd suggest having two different classes of competition: one with a brace & one without a brace.

Well, looking back i should have changed it to a requirement for football, and an option for other sports
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies