Any tips for dating a shy girl? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:31:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Any tips for dating a shy girl? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any tips for dating a shy girl?  (Read 2815 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: April 24, 2013, 09:02:35 AM »

Pro tip - Stop at a drugstore before you pick her up for the your date.  The last thing we need is more NJ Devils fans.  K? Thx.  Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 10:11:25 AM »

Pro tip - Stop at a drugstore before you pick her up for the your date.  The last thing we need is more NJ Devils fans.  K? Thx.  Wink

Quality advice, Gramps.  You're a charmer. 

I prefer practical charmer, old friend.  Smiley  Oh, pro tip #2 - the one you've been toting around in your wallet since you last got laid need pitched out.  It is most certainly too old to use at this point.  Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 11:57:35 AM »

(1) Go eat at place you won't think will be busy and can have a nice quiet atmosphere.

NO GARLIC...unless she eats it too.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 03:46:17 PM »

Consider reading her palm, especially if she's shy.  If you're already holding her hand as you walk it's an easy thing to bring it up slowly.  Make up good stuff, but nothing over the top.  Be ambiguous.  If she knows that you're blowing smoke, then it'll be funny and you'll both get a good laugh out of it.  If she's into it, grooving on your reading, then that's a great step in.  I've had it work for me both ways.  In any case, getting to know the palm of a girl's right hand is never a bad way to end a first date.

Haha, this idea seems so quaintly 1970s.  Except that in the 70s you didn't have to bother with dating. 

Yeah, angus being a man of the mid-late 80s threw me with this one.....clearly he's an old soul Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 04:24:16 PM »

It's an art to make a shy person not shy through conversation, and I don't think Hokey has enough mileage to get the job done, but it is possible to do. 

angus' sage advice here should be heeded unless you want that thing getting dusty in your wallet for another two years.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 06:25:34 PM »

Sounds like a perfect match.  Two talkers could be death.  My advice- Take charge!  No really that's it.

Flyers giving advice on women?Huh

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 05:39:55 AM »
« Edited: April 29, 2013, 08:10:45 AM by Grumps »

Well anyhoo.... the date went well enough.  At least we now have an open dialogue.  She told me she's not looking for anything serious right now.  Actually, I'm okay with that.  As far as getting her to open up.  She did.  We had a nice discourse throughout the night.  I got shot down going for the goodnight kiss... which sucks, but she's worth my patience.  If I need a physical release, there are plenty of cute, slutty things at my university.  She's already shown interest and thinks it can work out down the line.  I've noticed I enjoy it more when I have to work for it/wait for it...

So, thanks for the helpful tips, guys.  

It's not the kill , it's the thrill of the chase.  Good man, HD.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 09:06:58 AM »

Maybe she's a virgin waiting for a husband to be the first........sh**t Hokey, you have some investigating to do.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 10:23:40 AM »

I still think she is worth keeping around.  I've had enough meaningless relationships in my time since I really, actually liked somebody else.  (around 6 years)

Uncle angus and I approve.  At least I think he would approve.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies