Who do you expect to be President on January 21st, 2013? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 05:03:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who do you expect to be President on January 21st, 2013? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who do you expect to be President on January 21st, 2013?  (Read 12080 times)
GLPman
United States

« on: January 20, 2010, 02:07:58 AM »

If the economy improves, Obama will get re-elected.  If it doesn't, Romney will win.

Detailed, scientific analysis...

I think this is probably accurate.
GLPman
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 01:06:19 PM »

Until the GOP no longer consists of people who believe that the Earth was created 6000 or so years ago and that humans have no connection to apes but are a special creation; that state-sponsored or politician-directed prayer belongs in public schools; that no human suffering is excessive so long as there is a profit to be gained from it; and that their hangnails hurt more than others' third-degree burns --

Barack Obama.   

Wonderful, but nobody will care about any of this when 2012 rolls around since there are more important issues at hand.
GLPman
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 03:52:16 PM »

Until the GOP no longer consists of people who believe that the Earth was created 6000 or so years ago and that humans have no connection to apes but are a special creation; that state-sponsored or politician-directed prayer belongs in public schools; that no human suffering is excessive so long as there is a profit to be gained from it; and that their hangnails hurt more than others' third-degree burns --

Barack Obama.   

Wonderful, but nobody will care about any of this when 2012 rolls around since there are more important issues at hand.

Ann Richards -- wasn't she a fine Governor!

(an aside -- I remember when George W. Bush mocked the pleas of some condemned inmate about to be executed, and after that, I could only think that someone so contemptuous of life should never be President of the United States. That's not to say that capital punishment in that case doesn't have reasoned defenses, such as that laws and court decisions must have some finality to prevent legal anarchy, but mockery of someone about to die shows a gaping hole in one's moral compass. Do you mock the drinking habits of people with cirrhosis or smoking habits of those dying of lung cancer? I don't). 

I regret to say that I was completely right, as Dubya had a huge gap in his moral compass -- one that would allow him to lie to get a war for his glorification or for the gain of war profiteers (whichever theory you hold). Such would allow thousands of deaths, not only of Americans. He showed another ethical gap when he promoted subprime lending as a means of getting people to buy into the illusion of prosperity (so long as they ignore the cost of the debt they might feel good), and another in his erratic behavior concerning the relief efforts for Hurricane Katrina. Assertions and displays of piety are not enough to negate personal evil; if anything they simply add hypocrisy.   

I actually look forward to Kay Bailey Hutchinson (even if she is a conservative Republican) defeating cranky Rick Perry so that there would be an open seat in the Senate.

Oh, do I miss Lloyd Bentsen in the Senate! Wouldn't it be great if Texas got a Senator like him again? Such a politician would certainly not be a Dubya-like or Perry-like Republican.

First off, my name refers to an Atlasia game I'm involved in. Second, while I do find your ramble about George W. Bush fascinating, you completely failed to acknowledge and respond to my point. This thread asks who will be President on January 21st, 2013 - not for your opinion of the 43rd President.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies