Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:12:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 307007 times)
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« on: March 22, 2006, 03:46:17 PM »
« edited: March 22, 2006, 03:55:52 PM by Vice President Q »

Would it be possible for the Senate to pass legislation instructing the Governors to conduct redistricting in a certain manner, or would a resolution recommending such be the best this body could do?
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 12:04:01 AM »

I've posted to bump it up and now Q just have to agree with it and it'll be next to come up. Smiley

Consider it done.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 05:31:51 PM »

My question to the Presiding Officers is: Which of these do you claim relates to forum affairs?

The Parliament bill is forum affairs legislation.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 06:37:07 PM »

As a reminder to Atlasia, per Article 3 of the Official Senate Procedural Resolution:

Section 1: Rules on Legislation Introduction

1. The PPT shall establish and maintain a thread for Senators to introduce legislation, to be further known in this document as the Legislation Introduction Thread. Only Senators who presently hold elected office may be allowed to post in this thread. Any Citizens or Individuals who post in this thread may be subject to legal action pursuant to the relevant clauses in federal Criminal Law legislation so passed by the Senate.

2. The PPT shall also establish and maintain a thread for all Citizens and Individuals of Atlasia to give opinions, thoughts, suggestions and ideas about recently introduced legislation or legislation presently under debate on the Senate floor. This clause is not meant to deny Citizens or Individuals their right to post on Senate debate threads dealing with specific legislation presently being debated on the Senate floor.

In other words, you've come to the right place if you want to comment on legislation that has been proposed in the Legislation Introduction Thread.

Thank you for abiding by these rules.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 06:52:36 PM »

I think this one will be replaced, as well.  Look for a new 'commentary' thread soon.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 06:12:46 PM »

I would like to see legislation to the effect that those violating the rules of the Senate be reprimanded in some way.  Current law provides no meaninful consequence to violation of these rules.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 07:29:27 PM »

Thank you, Emsworth.

- The Senate could be allowed to issue a contempt of the Senate citation.

- The Senate (or the President/ President pro tempore) could be allowed to reprimand an offender.

Can either of these be done now, or would the Senate first need to implement new rules to allow this?
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 12:06:44 PM »

The Ensuring Personal Security Bill

(blatantly stolen from a Southeast initiative written by Q)

Grin
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 01:03:50 PM »

Section 7 contains an unnecessary self-reference, but its only an annoyance as opposed to an actual problem

lol
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 03:29:41 PM »

That's a good concept for a bill, Vlad.  It needs a little bit more of the bureacratic trimmings before it's fit for proposal, though, I think.  I'll write my own draft and pm it to you.

Commentary in this thread, please. Smiley
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 01:53:02 PM »

Yes, and you (Jerusalemcar) might want to familiarize yourself somewhat with the Senate operating procedures.  It will make your time as a Senator more effective and more enjoyable.
To be fair, the Senate's rules as they stand right now are quite complicated. Towards the end of my term as VP, I had written a shortened version of the rules, keeping nearly everything the same. (The only changes I made involved some rules that, in my experience as presiding officer, were never actually applied.) However, I did not get a chance to submit the rules for the Senate's consideration.

While substantively the same as the old rules, this new version is not even half as long (three and a half pages, as opposed to nine). If the PPT would like me to do so, I could send this version to him.

I agree that they are excessively complicated; I was suggesting to the Senator that he take a look at them, because even after more than six months combined time as Senator and President of the Senate, I still get tripped up by them sometimes.

And would you please send me your draft of a new OSPR as well?
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 09:10:15 PM »

Under Article 1, Section 2, Clause 1 of the Second Constitution of Atlasia I hereby call for impeachment proceedings to begin against President Ebowed for comitting several acts of murder, most notably Southeast Governor Harry. 

So that the Senate is aware, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is responsible for opening and presiding over this trial.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies